Wishful Thinking

Friday, July 24, 2009

I Feel Like Blogging Tonight

I haven't felt this way in a long time......... which is to say, I feel like blogging. It's been a month since I came home from Idaho to a beautifully deep cleaned house. I've been doing a pretty good job most of the time keeping up on things and not falling too far behind with my domestic duties. But as I was cleaning up tonight, and turned around to see more messes and piles of laundry to be folded, and knowing there were messes upstairs as well, I suddenly had an overwhelming desire to blog - go figure. And dammit, I'm not leaving this computer or doing anything productive until I finish this post!!! Apparently, and unfortunately too, the frequency of my blog posting is directly proportionate to the number of messes in my house......... I bet somebody could do some scientific research about that. And I bet there's at least one scientist who would say that blogging decreases cholesterol and or blood pressure. Probably a scientific findings like that would be picked up for the evening news cycle :D

And now I will try actually blog about something, as opposed to droning on and on about nothing, whilst lowering my cholesterol and or blood pressure :)

***********************************************

It rained this afternoon, which is always wonderful. Eva and Sophie went out to play with the neighbors after everything had been soaked, and they found a frog sitting in the gutter. It escaped capture by jumping into a storm drain however (thankfully). But the kids decided to rescue it, which is simply just another way of saying they tried to score a new pet.

Photobucket

Sophie turned the kitchen upside down trying to find just the right container for her new frog

Photobucket

Here she is lowering the frog a life line - the water level was about 30 inches below the grate

Photobucket

Eva and company had long since given up their rescue efforts by the time I came out to see what was happening to my kitchen stuff

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sophie, looking strangely frog-like here - she didn't get it from me!

Photobucket

Desperation set in as she realized the frog was gone and she probably wouldn't be getting new pet. She wouldn't have gotten a new pet though, even if she had captured it, but that's beside the point

Photobucket

And finally, DESPAIR, bless her little heart. It's much better though that the frog broke her heart and not me...

*********************************************************

Speaking of rain, it made for some actual greenery here in Reno during the month of June, which made for some beautiful backdrops against which to shoot wild horses.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It made for lots of water too

Photobucket

Photobucket

Rain rain, please don't go away

8 comments:

Lisa Curtis said...

Poor Sophie! That picture is just so sweet!

sara said...

I remember that we used to catch salamanders and make them our new pets. I think I'm completely grossed out now at the thought of even touching one, so I'm pretty sure your girls will eventually get over their loss.
Nice pics!

Kristina P. said...

Oh, your poor daughter! She looks so distraught.

black bear cabin said...

youre as bad as me, photographing your kid when shes crying :)
i love the last shot of the horses and that gorgeous sunset....beautiful!

RAQ said...

Rachel, you rock! These photos are so amazing--all of them! Loved the post too. I should be ironing for church but I want to blog too. Maybe tomorrow I'll blog...or not.

Jen H said...

Poor Sophie! I want a pet frong too!

Beautiful horse pics though! - as usual.

* said...

Dang it, those horse picts are so pretty. I'm a fellow Nevadan as in "Home is Nevada home is the hills, home is the sage & the pine..." just @ the other end of the state.

PS: Sorry she lost her froggie. My kids understand that sad lost pet pain completely, they've lost 101 horny toads to date and counting.

LR Photography said...

Wonderful images, congratulations!