Wishful Thinking

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sophie's Special Day

I never imagined a baptismal service for seven unrelated children could go so smoothly and be so personal, but it was. It turns out that having people you've never met before plan everything about your child's special day is the way to go, and I highly recommend it. There was no stress - all we had to do was show up with towels and dry underwear. Oh, and I had to e-mail a picture of Sophie to said people we'd never met before (the Stake Baptismal Coordinators), but was all. The Jackons organized a wonderful service with excellent talks, and one of the sweetest musical performances I've ever seen by one of the girls who was going to be baptised. I forgot to bring tissue and ended up using Eva's thick cable knit sweater which didn't work very well, but was better than my bare hand. It was a wonderful day with family and friends, and I'm so grateful for Matt being able to perform Sophie's baptism and ordination. She was our last to be baptised *sniff sniff*

Me and Sophie color coordinated, cuz we're awesome like that

Matt and Sophie

In their whites

Grandma Lynda (my mom) and Sophie

Grandpa Marv (Matt's Dad) and Joanie

Sophie and Sophie

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I still remember my baptism. In fact, I still use the quad my aunt gave me. I've had them for 23 years! I had to have them rebound, but I love them.

Shellie said...

Rachel it looked like a wonderful day! That picture of you two is awesome. You both look happy and beautiful!

Laura said...

Wow, your youngest has been baptized. That's crazy! I'm so glad it was a great day for all of you. Hurray for Sophie!

Barbaloot said...

Sophie and Sophie---how fun:) Looks like it was a great day.

Harlene said...

Love that girl!
You do remember my running home to put shoulder pads in the stupid jumper they gave me, don't you?

Jenny said...

What a beautiful day.

sara said...

How fun! I hope I have good baptism coordinators when I have kids. I'm all over not having to plan things. Awesome!
Congrats!

Sheri Willardson said...

What a sweet little girl-she looks like an angel in her white clothes!

OldBoatGuy said...

Hi, I'm coming to Tahoe tomorrow, (Wed) and 3 of my family can't come, so I have 3 tickets to the Sat & Sun marina and the Sat evening banquet. Since you are close, you may want to come. I've let others know, so first come, gets one or two or three. Arlon 208-709-5470 cel

Jenn G. said...

I can't believe Sophie is 8 years old! She's such a pretty girl. When Elise was baptized in that building we took the same photo, dad and lass with JC in the back. :-) your mom has such beautiful skin!