It's always difficult to know what to give Matt for his birthday. He's about as decisive and full of ideas as when I ask him what he would like me to make for dinner.
"Umm, I don't know, just make one of your usuals", is what he always says. Being an extremely indecisive person myself makes for many a mealtime dilemma.
And so it goes with his birthdays as well.
The progress of this post is being interrupted in order to rub the almost birthday boy's feet.
I'm back. I'm nothing if not extremely accommodating and submissive on the eve of Matt's birthdays.
But back to the matter at hand... what kind of gift would Matt like for his 39th birthday? What kind of gift could possibly be as deeply meaningful and memorable as what I would like to give the man who works so incredibly hard for our family, who is the father of my three lovely daughters (and a great one at that), who makes me laugh and laugh and laugh (which is something I really like to do), and who has generously become so accustomed to my lack of domestic skills that he rarely ever mentions it anymore (the lack of course), and when he does perchance make mention of my domestic challenges, it's so mild as to hardly strike any fear in me at all.
So is there anything befitting the situation?
Yes. Yes there is. In a stroke of sheer birthday gifting genius, I have thought of the perfect thing.
For Matt's 39th birthday, I want to give him a concession - an admission if you will. And I think this will make a lot of other husbands jealous, which adds a lot value to this gift from the heart. I want to admit that... drum roll please......... I'm not always right about everything. There, I said it. I'm not always right. In fact, I think there have been two times, possibly even three times, in the last year when Matt was right and I was wrong. I can't remember any of the specifics of course - the details have all Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Happy Birthday Matt
It's always difficult to know what to give Matt for his birthday. He's about as decisive and full of ideas as when I ask him what he would like me to make for dinner.
"Umm, I don't know, just make one of your usuals", is what he always says. Being an extremely indecisive person myself makes for many a mealtime dilemma.
And so it goes with his birthdays as well.
The progress of this post is being interrupted in order to rub the almost birthday boy's feet.
I'm back. I'm nothing if not extremely accommodating and submissive on the eve of Matt's birthdays.
But back to the matter at hand... what kind of gift would Matt like for his 39th birthday? What kind of gift could possibly be as deeply meaningful and memorable as what I would like to give the man who works so incredibly hard for our family, who is the father of my three lovely daughters (and a great one at that), who makes me laugh and laugh and laugh (which is something I really like to do), and who has generously become so accustomed to my lack of domestic skills that he rarely ever mentions it anymore (the lack of course), and when he does perchance make mention of my domestic challenges, it's so mild as to hardly strike any fear in me at all.
So is there anything befitting the situation?
Yes. Yes there is. In a stroke of sheer birthday gifting genius, I have thought of the perfect thing.
For Matt's 39th birthday, I want to give him a concession - an admission if you will. And I think this will make a lot of other husbands jealous, which adds a lot value to this gift from the heart. I want to admit that... drum roll please......... I'm not always right about everything. There, I said it. I'm not always right. In fact, I think there have been two times, possibly even three times, in the last year when Matt was right and I was wrong. I can't remember any of the specifics of course - the details have all
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
shhhhh...don't tell Scott!!
Happy B-day Matt!
yeah, I think I'll stick to a wallet or razor. Way to take one for the team!
From personal experience, I can say that concession is a pretty big gift! :)
WOW!! I didn't realize how great I am. Thanks for the reminder. Oh, and could you be more specific in regards to when you were wrong?
Love you babe!
Brave. I don't think I could ever do that. You are just one brave heck of a woman!
Happy B-day Matt!
i've heard it said that the gifts we GIVE that we think are really GREAT ones are in actuality the ones that we'd like to RECEIVE ourselves. if i were you, matt, i'd make a note to self--your clever wife may have had an alterior motive here. Enjoy your BIRTHDAY and the knowledge that you are SOMETIMES RIGHT!
Thanks ladies - you know I'm all about team work ;-)
Post a Comment