Wishful Thinking

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Eva

Dear Eva,

It's been almost two months since I last blogged, back when I thought I might loose that one tooth and look like Amy Winehouse. Seeing that post reminded me of when I was all looped out on painkillers one Sunday - I was going to say Sunday morning, but really it was the entire day, and you kept coming into my room to check on me. You were so sweet and genuinely concerned as you stroked my hair, looked at me sadly and said you wished I wasn't sick and hoped I would feel better soon. A bad toothache is one of the worst things EVER, but you make me feel better. And that's what you always do... make me feel better with a hug if I'm sad about something, or if someone else is sick or sad, you always have a hug and an 'I love you' ready to give.

We never have to ask you to do your homework. You're so good at getting it done and bringing your binder for us to sign. You were pretty upset a couple weeks ago when you had to have me sign your behavior chart because you had been talking in class when you weren't supposed to. I had to act kind of serious because I'm your mother and you had just brought me something required by your teacher for me to sign because you had misbehaved, but really I sympathized with you. I know from experience that it's hard sometimes not to talk when your not supposed to. But I'm so proud that you haven't had your chart marked again! It's because you really want to be good, and you always try hard to do what's right.

Sometimes when I look at you, I can't help but be jealous. You're just so dang cute and you can practically do the splits and you never even practice them. You can do most anything you try - like climbing mountians, or like snowboarding last year. Neither Dad nor Ella learned how to do a 360 like you did. You're good and loyal friend, and a great sister too. I always know you're watching out for Sophie at school, and she knows she can depend on you. Oh, and of course, you always know where you're going :)

Thanks for being you, because you're the best and we love you!!! Happy birthday :)

p.s. I even think you look cute in skinny pants!

Photobucket

I'm so happy we share brown eyes...

Photobucket

... but I do wish I had your lovely skin :)

Photobucket

...and now I just have to get her to start reading my blog

7 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Eva!!

I've missed you Nevadanista . . . and you never said if you do look like Amy Whinehouse or not.

Joanie said...

Happy Birthday to our sweet Eva..!! We wish we could be there for your Big Day..!! We will celebrate next time we see you.. You are really a special girl.. Have lots of fun..
Love you..... Grandpa and Joanie

Laura said...

What a sweet post. Happy birthday, Eva!

Barbaloot said...

Cute post. And can I just say, a girl that actually looks good in skinny pants is a rare thing so good for her!!

Danila said...

Those pictures are AMAZING!

Happy Birthday EVA!!What a beautiful girl you are.

April said...

Awww!! She's a cutie!!! And how are you doing Amy.....errrr Nevadanista?

Reno 411 said...

Rachel you are such a great mom. What a sweet post about Eva.

Eva really is a beautiful girl. I love her brown eyes and WISHED I could have a brown eyed child. Her skin is also something to envy. Happy belated Birthday Eva!