Wishful Thinking

Friday, January 22, 2010

365 - The Project

This is the beginning of a year long photo project I've seen people do on flickr, but I want to do it here on my blog instead. It's a picture a day for an entire year. A picture taken each day that is, nothing from the files. I have no idea how it will turn out... if I will finish even. Will I grow tired of it? Will it be boring? Will it turn out to be lots of grocery shopping and running errands photos? Will I try too hard? Will I over think everything? Will it make me stalk horses even more than I do now? Will it make me lose sleep? Will it be self-indulgent? YES... YES... YES... YES... and YES!!! It promises to be all those things and MORE!

Okay, so I actually started my pics on Wednesday, but since I don't want to post everyday, and because I kept procrastinating this post, here are my first three of 365 pics. Oh, and I might have to slip in a few non 365 day project pics if it behoveth me... which it most definitely will.

So here goes...

#1 January 20

Photobucket

Sophie tickling Eva with a pretzel stick. I think it's a good way to begin.

#2 January 21

Photobucket

I was waiting on the porch with my camera for a bunch of birds to come back and attack our tree. It was snowing and I think they couldn't find anything to eat. Ella saw them suddenly fly in and then frantically peck the withered berries that were still hanging (you know those ugly orange ones?), but then they were gone by the time I got to the window. The berry things were still bouncing though. I scared them away the first time they came back when I opened the front door and it squeaked, so then I waited out on the porch for about ten minutes, but they never returned. Why am I telling you all this? Anywho, I was still waiting when the bus pulled up with Sophie and Eva, so I got this shot of Sophie coming across the street. I really like this 'creatively aged' look. Matt doesn't however, and Sophie said she looks invisible. But dang it, this is my blog and I'll do I what I want with my photos :D

Photobucket

But here's the regular version for the faux antiqued faint of heart.

#3 January 22

Photobucket

It was a lucky thing this morning that I remembered I didn't have my camera in the car with me when I took Ella to school. We were halfway out of the garage when I realized it and I stopped the car and ran into the house to get it. I've regretted it many many times when I've made a seemingly quick mundane trip without it. This group of horses was headed back to the hills after being at the park over night. I was surprised to see them on my way home because they weren't there only a few minutes earlier when we drove past the same spot. I pulled over really quick and snapped this from the side of the road.

p.s. for any of you who don't live nearby or see me regularly... I did not assume the Amy Whinehouse look! Sealing the root canal was a success :)

5 comments:

Julie said...

So happy that Nevadanista is back!!! And I'm on your side with the aged look...love the first photo!

April said...

Aged look...I mean the photo, not the Amy Whinehouse look. Glad the trip to the dentist worked! I am excited to see your pics!

nevadanista said...

Thanks for gettin' my back on the faux vintage girls ;-)

Laura said...

Yes, the aged look, definitely. And so glad you won't be Amy Winehouse-ing it. One of her is certainly enough, although you would be infinitely classier, even toothless. :-)

J-Lo said...

Since giving birth (18 months ago), my presence on the blogosphere has been intermittent so I'm just now reading about your photo project. You go, girl! I hope things are well in NV.