Wishful Thinking

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dreams of Trespass

#10 January 29

Photobucket

Can't Think of a Title

This is a group of wild horses on their way back to the hills after having spent the night fouling up the park and residential streets. People 'round these parts really love that about living here - all the early morning horse surprises that is. They just can't get enough of it ;-) I don't mind it though because they haven't hit my street yet and because I get to watch them book it full speed down Rio Wrangler after I've dropped Ella of at seminary.

#11 January 30

Photobucket

Dreams of Trespass

That's the title of a book I read years ago and it popped into my mind when trying to think of a title for this pic. I wanted to trespass bad. Real bad. I wanted to climb the barbed-wire fence I was resting my camera on and go exploring... find out all the secrets of this old red house. But I didn't. My conscious wouldn't allow it. Or, that is to say, Matt was scolding me in my mind. He is my conscious in these matters and highly disapproves of trespassing and other such fun adventures. No. I did not trespass. I kept the law, was a good example and did not satisfy my curiosity.

I would be an ideal law breaker though. I would be the kind of trespasser a property owner would love to have. I would only look. I wouldn't take or break, smash or graffiti anything. They wouldn't even know I had ever been there unless they read my blog and saw the evidence of my violation. No, I would leave no trace. I would only look and imagine what had been... wonder who snuck in and out of that window with the ladder. I would investigate why the ladder has never blown down after so many years of observing it as I pass by on my way to and from my mother's house. What is in that window??? Are there children's toys lying about? Perhaps some creepy dolls to photograph? I would just have a little looksee, that's all. That's all I would do. But I didn't... for the sake of the children, I wasn't a bad example and did not trespass. And I didn't even have them with me, so give me some credit peeps, 'cause it would have been well worth ripping my pants, I can assure it!

#12 January 31

Photobucket

Girl in Pajamas Playing Guitar on a Sunday Evening

The girl in pajamas playing guitar on a Sunday evening gave a really great talk on temples today in Sacrament meeting and made me so proud :)

7 comments:

Laura said...

I find myself kind of wishing you had trespassed. Love the picture of that house.

nevadanista said...

Don't tempt me Laura :D

Adam and Andrea said...

It was a very nice talk. She did a beautiful job.

Jenny said...

Rachel,
Your photography takes my breath away. You have such a gift! You should enter a contest or something.
AND I AM SOOOOO GLAD YOU ARE POSTING AGAIN.
I missed you!

April said...

I triple dog dare you to touch that house. I can hear it calling your name!

nevadanista said...

Wow, thanks Jenny :)

Hahaha, it's gonna be really hard not to break the law next time I pass that house :D

Adam and Inge said...

I'd do a little research to find out who owns the property,the history and such. Show and tell them what ya want to do. The worst they could do is say no. Then again,knowing what in the window and what is on the inside would take away some of the fun and mystery.