Wishful Thinking

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Small Acts of Rebellion

I feel a great deal of joy when committing small acts of rebellion. Too much joy I'm afraid. I know I shouldn't, but I just do. I can't help myself. For example, if I'm standing in the hallway after Sacrament meeting chatting with friends and someone tells me go to Sunday School (which has happened every week for the last four weeks including today, hee hee hee), I'll definitely be more inclined to not go, even if I already happen to be on my way there, and even if my favorite Sunday School teacher/inspiring person of all time who can bring me to tears is teaching... and then I'll get a certain amount of joy and satisfaction out of governing myself in my own innocuous, but defiant manner :D Although, I have to admit that I did go to SS today after I told about five different people how I don't like being told to go to SS, hahahaha. See, I'm not that bad... just a little hypocritical about standing on my principles and not going to SS when told to ;-) But I'm 41 years old for crying out loud! And if I want to play hooky from SS, I will dammit :)

(And I'll say 'dammit' on my blog if I feel like too, dammit. And maybe even in the hallway when someone tells me to go to SS :))

Oh, if they only knew about the numerous meaningful conversations I've had in those hallways and couches in the foyer. These small acts of rebellion have even been healing to my soul at times if you want to know the truth... so don't freakin' tell me to go to Sunday School peeps! And I mean that in the nicest way possible :)

Love :) Peace out :)

Oh, I almost forgot why I mentioned small acts of rebellion in the first place. The reason why I mention it is because it really ticked me off the other night when I was taking pictures of Ella and her friend Kailee in line at the movie concession stand, and the popcorn girl told me I had to stop.

Photobucket

Apparently, taking pictures of popcorn and your kids at the concession stand is strictly VERBOTEN and aggressively enforced!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So consider yourself warned people.

Well anywho, after paying for our snacks, I had to get off one more shot just to stick to the popcorn girl :) HA! Take that photo NAZI/popcorn chick!

#17 February 5

Photobucket

Photo NAZI/Popcorn Chick

And now I have effectively negated any good example points I gained last week for not trespassing. I WILL repent however... as soon as I hit 'publish post' :)

#18 February 6

Photobucket

Bon Appetit!

I wish this picture could do justice to how delicious this cake was!!!

#19 February 7

Photobucket

Interception

************************************************************

Bonus: February 6

Photobucket

Redemption

p.s. I'm behind on my pics but will post #13-#16 soon.

p.s.s. Ella, Eva and Sophie have to all be 18 before they can engage in any small acts of rebellion like skipping Sunday School. It's just one of the many perks of being an adult.

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That cake looks amazing. I LOVE buttercream frosting.

I think we all have a bit of rebelliousness in us.

Laura said...

Wow, that cake looks good. Really, really good. My pita chips and hummus are sadly lacking suddenly. Sigh. But great pics! And I love your small acts of rebellion!

Sheri Willardson said...

Rachel, you crack me up. I love reading your blog because you say it like it is-and we all feel the same way even if we don't say it. And I know I've told you this before, but your pictures are SO AMAZING!!

Karen Rand said...

Rachel, Rachel, Rachel. You are very very B A D !!! And I say that with L O V E.