Wishful Thinking

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Save the Haiti People

#29 February 17

Photobucket

Sophie finally wrote down the phone number of a friend from school she's been wanting to call on the phone. Two friends actually, they're twin sisters in her class. Until now she's mostly just chatted on the phone with cousins and other family members, so calling her friends was uber exciting for her. The conversation lasted more than thirty minutes... maybe forty-five minutes. She paced and did laps around the kitchen, living room and family room as she spoke. Here are some excerpts from the conversation I jotted down in real time:

"Do you know why we should not be divas... you know divas? Yeah............ because they................ because they are not nice."

"Do you know why boys are so weird? But they always chase girls. I know. Why are they so mean to us? Yeah...... but not nerd boys."

"Do you like the Cheetah Girls? Yeah, they wear like... cheetahs, and I don't like them. They are like divas."

"Do you know what we should do? We should save the Haiti people. Do you know the Haiti people? Yeah............. I'm trying to save them, and I know a song."

Photobucket

Then, after covering a few more choice topics, she held up the phone to the youtube video of 'We Are the World - 25 for Haiti'.

Do you people have any idea how many times I've had to hear to that song? Do you????? And do you have any idea how much it makes me want to stick hot pokers in my ears???? Oh... except for the part when Celine Dion shouts down Fergie. I like that part. Oh, and when T-Pain sings with his Auto-Tune. So classy! And oh yeah, when Babs tries to steal the show but doesn't really succeed. Ella said to me,"who's that old lady", and I said, "Barbra Streisand", and she said, "never heard of her in my life." :D Is there no better way to raise money for the Haiti people??? Puuuuulease! But I digress.

When Sophie was was helping save the Haiti people by holding the phone up to the video for her friend to hear, I was able to completely tune it all out and wasn't tempted to harm myself at all ;-)

**********************************************************
#30 February 18

Photobucket

Gangsta

Just a couple of gangsta girlz grabbin' a bite to eat between thuggin' and homework.

Photobucket

Gangsta girlz don't like dey mutha's all up in dey grillz though. Ya gotta be careful.

*********************************************************

Uuuummmmm, this photo project is kind of hard... I'm struggling to keep up.

5 comments:

Sheri Willardson said...

Oh, that little Sophie is the cutest thing. You are smart to write down some of the things she says. You can show it to her future husband. I need to do that more. I know you love the we are the world song. Its really you playing it over and over again, isn't it. :)

Laura said...

I remember my first phone calls to friends. It was way exciting. And then I got over it. And I have yet to hear We Are the World 25. Thankfully. I'm still tired of the original. :-)

(P.S. Totally that Gilad, who is Israeli actually, and has reduced the spandex quotient significantly on some of his workouts, although you can still catch some with big hair, leotards cut up to here on the hips, and headbands a la Olivia NJ in Let's Get Physical.)

April said...

I remember pulling out the 33's and playing them over the phone to my friends. My how times have changed!

nevadanista said...

Hahahaha Laura! What channel is he on? I have to see him, it's been so long :D

Ooh Ooh, me too April. I remember specifically in the fifth grade playing the Supertramp Breakfast in America album over the phone with my friend Christine. We were really into that record!

RAQ said...

lol! my kids play the We Are The World 25 constantly--yep I couldn't even stand the original so I bite my tongue. It's their dad's fault he bought the song AND the video.