At this point, I really really really want to be exposed to the Swine Flu in order to build some resistance against any future H1N1 mutations. I don't have a medical degree, or any kind of degree for that matter, but who really needs one these days when one has teh internets at ones finger tips, right? ;-)
For the last week, since it became apparent that Swine Flu is mild and wasn't actually killing all the people the media had first sensationally reported, I've been thinking about the benefits of exposure to H1N1 as an immunity builder. So this morning, I did a simple google search, 'H1N1 immunity', and found this in the second article that popped up:
"The global outbreak of H1N1 flu hovering just below the pandemic threshold could provide immunity for those already infected if the virus mutates into a more deadly form, scientists have told AFP.
That is what happened in 1918, when most people who fell ill with a mild Spring flu were effectively inoculated from the far more lethal strains that roared back a few months later and killed at least 40 million worldwide, according to recent and upcoming studies.
The findings suggest that going all-out to prevent exposure to the kind of non-seasonal flu sweeping across the world today may turn out to be counter-productive in the fight to reduce mortality."
So I say, bring it ON!!!!! I want the Swine Flu and I want it NOW!!! I invite any and all who are ill with this flu to touch every doorknob in my house. I want to shake your hand, give you a hug and share a soda with you (just not when I'm looking though, cuz that's gross - but what I don't know won't hurt me).
This just seems like common sense to me, and waaaaaaaaaay cheaper than whatever any government or 'world organization' would do to mess things up...
Read the entire article here
**********************************************
The Gap
It's already closing
************************************************
*sniff sniff* I'm so sad Allison got the boot last night! I really loved her. I'm not an Adam fan, but I think he could definitely revive the rock opera genre.

10 comments:
I'm with ya' sister! However, It seems to me that the Swine flu is a little bit harder to get than previously thought, we just returned from a vacation which happened to be right smack dab in the middle of Swine Flu hysteria and it's been 4 days now and I feel healthier than I've ever felt before! I am beginning to think that this Swine Flu may not be all that bad, maybe it really is a super bug, one that changes us from tired and worn out to energetic (even slightly hyper at times)and happy individuals. But then again, maybe it was just the vacation that helped! humm...
Interesting article. Still, having just gotten over strep throat, I'm not anxious to be sick with anything right now. Well, a good chocolate hangover would probably be doable. :-)
good perspective. I wish people would stop freaking out about this. I agree that Alison should've stayed. I liked her.
I just want a week off of work.
Paranoid me, but I think this Swine Flu is a distraction to something else the government is doing. ha!:0(
Hey Nevada, I'm just over from Crash's site. Loved your blog title!
I'm definitely NOT getting a flu shot this winter like I normally do....something's up!
Hey April and jenn g., except for believing the Apollo 11 moon landings were faked, that Bush orchestrated Sept. 11, and that we're all being controlled by bar codes, I'm not really the conspiracy theorists type ;-)
I hope you're immunities are in better shape after all your cancer/chemo stuff April! I wonder what you're doctor would recommend if a vaccine is developed?
finally! a dose of much-needed and REFRESHING wisdom! THANK YOU! i stopped watching the (stupid) news over a week ago because of this hyper paranoia garbage!
Maybe you should find some "Good Samaritans" who could share it with you...did I just say that???
The son of a friend of mine passed away the summer of 2009 from the Swine Flu. I would not wish their suffering on my worst enemy.
Happy day, Duck
Post a Comment