Friday, May 1, 2009
Ella's new Grill, and More On Janene's Gas Nozzle Jacking
Oddly enough, Ella's love of the photo op has done a 180. She was not thrilled to have her picture taken, nor was she thrilled with the outcome, so here's just a tiny peek. She really rocks the metal look in my opinion though.
*******************************************
There seems to be some interest in hearing more about my sister Janene's gas nozzle jacking. Here's the rest of the story, continued from this post. It's one I can sit and listen to her tell all day long...
Upon discovering that she had a gas pump nozzle and its accompanying hose conspicuously trailing her rear end, she repeatedly uttered that mild expletive that rhymes with the word 'it'. Did I mention she said it repeatedly? While thus engaged in repeating said expletive, she considered her options............................. but not for very long, because she's an honest person like that - even in the face of such a mortifying and humiliating circumstance. Upon turning around to bravely meet her fate, she discovered she was the object of much finger pointing and laughter. And yet she continued on. Only a few moments later, upon returning to the scene of the crime, she discovered herself to be the target of even more fingers and laughter by those whom had witnessed her spectacular departure. Then, to her astonishment, from amongst the throngs of gleeful mocking faces, emerged three Good Samaritans (from south of the border) rushing to her aid.
"You go, you go", they said, as one of them removed the nozzle from its infamous resting place. "You go, you go, we tell them we did it. You go".
As they tried to persuade her in their broken English to let them take the fall, the one who had taken the nozzle was trying to hook it back up before the attendant came out. The hose was too banged up from pavement pounding however, and it didn't take. In the annuls of history, and even in the scriptures themselves, have you ever heard a greater tale of mercy and self-sacrifice? Okay, yeah. But have you ever heard a sweeter one. Okay, yes again. But would you have ever expected this story to take such a touching and heartwarming turn? I think not. I hope those three nice men can get some legal documents someday (oh my gosh, did I just imply that out loud?).
In conclusion, it was determined that the nozzle and hose were both covered by the station's insurance. The only fine to be paid was lots of embarrassment, which she took with great humor. That's why I love her so much :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Best. Story. Ever.
I'm going to use that story in a Sunday School lesson someday . . . without the repeated expletive. [fan, fan, dab, dab]
This is awesome!
And I LOVE your header pic.
thanks for sharing the conclusion to your sister's story.
it was sweet and suspenseful. ;)
You go. You go.
Bwhahaha. That was excellent :D
Ella: I wish I had looked 1/100 as good as you do with your braces. Cute!
Everyone deserves a moment with a good samaritan...or three. I think I would've stopped to put the hose and nozzle in my trunk before returning to the scene of the crime so as not to expose my folly to any who had not already seen it. But I would've uttered the same expletive:)
Post a Comment