Wishful Thinking

Friday, March 19, 2010

Out of Africa

#52 March 12

Photobucket

Waiting

The only other pictures I took that day qualify as TMI. And oh man, seeing this one almost made me attempt another Renown Medical Center tirade, but then I remembered how long it would take me to get it out of my brain in a satisfying way, so I stopped myself. Viviana was very nice though... maybe they could hire someone else to write up the discharge papers and report so the nurses can actually take care of the patients. Just sayin'.

**************************************************

#53 March 13

Photobucket

Out of Africa

They kicked us out to the curb released my mom Friday evening after 7 pm, just as a storm was hitting, but we managed to make it up to Susanville without incident by 9:30. My grand father's travel chest is in her guest room where I stayed. During WWII he worked for Douglas Aircraft as an airplane mechanic in Northern Africa, including Egypt. If you'll remember the original Indiana Jones movie, or if you just remember your history, you'll recall that the NAZIS occupied parts of Northern Africa. That's where he spent most of the war, and this essentially was his luggage.

When I have my tripod with me sometime, and some black backdrop fabric, I'll do a proper photo shoot with this trunk!

***********************************************************

#54 March 15

Photobucket

Pioneer Cafe

This picture is kind of cheating because I didn't actually take any photos on Sunday. Does that make me a bad person? It was the Sabbath after all ;-) So this pic is one I took Monday night on Main Street in Susanville... and I really really really really like it :)

****************************************************

My mom is doing much much better and is back to work already teaching kindergarten :O Nothing, and I mean NOTHING will stop her from making it to parent teacher conference week! That's the week I would try to get sick and admitted to the hospital for sure, but not my mom... cause that's just how she rolls :)

1 comment:

The Crash Test Dummy said...

FIRST! YOU are so AMAZING! Sooo Amazing. Lubbing all these super cooooool photos.

You go, girl!