#40 February 28
Cousins
Sunday, late afternoon, we were at the park with all of Matt's family, including his brother's family, the Denver Hamrick family of Denver, Colorado (I really wanted to work in the Denver in Denver thing), and I was getting a little stressed that the light of the setting sun, diffused perfectly by a thin layer of cloudy haze, was being wasted because no one wanted to stop playing to do a photo shoot. Then I spotted these four cousins standing near a bench, drenched in the beautiful light, and was able to get them to squish their heads together for a few seconds... so the light wasn't a waste in the end after all :)
Pictured: top, Eva... bottom L to R, Morgan, Adam, Anna
***********************************************************
#41 March 1
Some Sagebrush, Some Rusting Desert Junk... Rock Candy Suckers and a Giant Jaw Breaker
In this photo: Jonas, Eva, Sophie, Colton and Ella
******************************************************
#42 March 2
It was hard to choose a favorite photo from Monday because I took a lot of pictures that day that I liked. We had fun with the family all day and then had a par-TAY at Chuck E Cheese. I was shooting away through it all. Then Tuesday came, the relatives were gone, and at 8:30 in the evening I still hadn't taken any pictures and didn't have any ideas. I was at Scheel's with Ella looking for track shoes though... hence the photo of the fake Andrew Jackson in front of a three story indoor ferris wheel with a bokeh-fied Ella waving from one of the carriages. This has to one of my most brilliant compositions ever ;-)
Read about bokeh
here if you're not sure what it is.
If you've never been to Scheel's to shop for sporting goods and stopped on the second floor to hear the creepy fake orange Abraham Lincoln deliver the Gettysburg Address in front of a faux Lincoln Memorial facade that sits between the escalator entrances with the three story indoor ferris wheel in the background, then you're really missing out on an incredibly heartwarming and special patriotic moment!
4 comments:
Sigh....coming to your blog makes me want to grow up to be just like you! :)
Oh April, that's maybe one of the nicest things anyone's ever said to me :D
love these photos, I want to go where you have been!
PS you make the orange Abraham Lincoln look great!
Post a Comment