#49 March 9
Rachel's Cactus
I made an exciting discovery Tuesday (for me anyway), while hiking on the back side if the Damonte Ranch 'D' hill - cactus. According to my intense research on teh internets, this little cactus plant looks to be an Opuntia Polyacantha (Panhandle Prickly Pear), and I have officially named it 'Rachel's Cactus' :) It's all by its lonesome out there, as far as I can tell. I've never seen anything like in all the time I've lived in Nevada (11 years). Yay me!
You can see the Grand Sierra Resort in the distance.
*************************************************************
#50 March 10
E.T. Redux
My mom totally rocked an E.T. go home finger in the ER on Wednesday. She's awesome like that! But speaking of the ER (and the 20 hours my mom spent there before they finally put her in a room), I just deleted a tirade about how I want to kick Renown Medical Center's trash. Because... who really wants to read that? That's what I thought. And it wasn't really coming out right anyway, which kind of makes want to launch into another kind of tirade about my freakin' brain!!! If I could change one thing about myself... well, okay, if I could change several things about myself, one of them would be that I could be a prolific writer. That I could effortlessly get the thoughts in my brain on paper without it being a mental struggle. You wouldn't believe all the brilliant things in this brain of mine that have never, and will never see the light of day, because something just goes wrong in the transfer from brain to fingers.
*sigh*
But, I'm happy to report that I brought my mom back home to Susanville yesterday (I'm staying with her for a couple/few days), and she's on the mend :)
********************************************************
#51 March 11
A Room With a View
'A Room With a View' happens to be my all time favorite movie. This room with a view though, is room 722 at Renown Medical Center. It distracted me a little from wanting to kick Renown's trash, but Renown might not be so lucky next time.
11 comments:
Oh my gosh! You are so awesome! I just lub lub lub your photography. I'm so sorry about your mom, but love that she had a totally awesome E.T. moment that you caught photographic evidence of. You go, girl.
I have so many many things in my brain that also never see the light of day. Wouldn't it be cool if we could just plug the ethernet cable into our ear and transfer data.
Your pics are all gorgeous but your current header photo is spectacular.
awesome cactus! Hope your mom feels better quick! She's lucky to have you.
mi madre tiene skillos. :)
dude. that was from me ^
ahh its not showing my name! D:
okay there we go :)
Maybe some kung fu panda skillz on said renown medical center would help? And of course the pics rock!
Wow- what a stellar photo! You are very talented. Amazing, really.
Post a Comment