But in the last few years, with the popularity low-rise jeans becoming lower and lower, and being the only thing available for women under 50 and teenagers anymore, it is to be seen daily, and without any special effort.
It's a challenge taking Ella shopping these days. Besides the fact that she's a teenager, and automatically dislikes anything she thinks I like, it's difficult to find pants, shorts or capris that aren't made too low. I even have a problem sometimes shopping for Eva and Sophie. Can't clothing makers just give us an inch? That's all it would usually take. Just enough to do ordinary everyday things without worrying about showing crack.
This is what I believe has led to the 'extra long T' craze. Everyone is layering with a cami or tank (underneath an already extra long T-shirt), that is long enough to be tugged and pulled over pants that are too low, in an effort to stay covered.
Back in my grandparents day, 'lady plumber crack' wasn't a problem!!! My grandmother wasn't even close to revealing her backside unintentionally in those Katherine Hepburn-ish slacks (and neither was my grandfather for that matter). Not even a tiny bit close!
In the 70's, we had Dittos. They were so 'in'. We all wore them because they were so cool, and we never had to worry that we might be mooning anyone (in lunar terms, I think 'lady plumber crack' would be called, 'waxing crescent mooning'). I think it's time to bring back the Dittos!
But it's impossible to know how long this fashion insanity will last, so in the meantime, I have a solution to the 'lady plumber crack' dilemma. This solution could revolutionize women's pants, the same way the adjustable waist band revolutionized children's clothhes a few years ago (I never EVER buy pants for Eva and Sophie anymore that don't have it). My new invention could be called 'Lady Plumber Crack Crack Guard'. It would simply be an embellishment, like a patch, that extends an inch or two, or three if needed, above the rear center belt loop, effectively covering, or 'guarding' against said 'lady plumber crack'. This embellishment could be of simple geometric design, or something more elegant like a flower, a butterfly, or any other desirable 'tramp stamp' like design. In fact, the 'Lady Plumber Crack Crack Guard' may even eventually be preferred over the now ubiquitous 'tramp stamp'. It would be less expensive, less painful, and would effectively eliminate tattoo regret, all while making it possible for girls and women to do the things we do everyday without showing crack!!!
Cha Ching! Show me the money...

8 comments:
o man u r a nerd!!
peace out
It really is sad the way our styles now days are so immodest. I would love to see people be more sophisticated. Love the post and I totally agree-
Sounds like the anonymous reader needs to find another blog to read!
That was Ella, and she's grounded from my blog. But she can still babysit :)
Rachel I love your blog. It is pure entertainment. I think you are hilarious and witty. The tramp stamp is seriously something I'd prefer never seeing, but I have. Yuck! Also whale tail is sick too. Since when was it appropriate to have someone else look at your butt? Dittos look pretty sweet!
You are hillarious! I love the way you write about things. You definately have a way with words.
Once your invention takes shape send me a bunch and I will just hand them out the all the crack flashers fo the world! (if only, right)
"Lady Pumber Crack Guard!" You go girl!! Tim knows how to get things pattented. I will talk to him about helping you out- if you need any. You are such a smart girl- you probably wouldn't need his help. But just in case. He invented a deer call and now it's sold in Wal-mart. You could market yours in Macy's!!! LOL...
Rach,
I totally agree we need a lady plumber's crack guard! And DITTOS! I totally forgot how cool those really were until your blog reminded me with the wonderful pictures! Do you remember the ones with the rainbows on the pockets? Yeah, those were the best!
Hey girl! Long time no see. I went blog surfing via Jenn's blog and eventually came across yours. You "crack" me up! My blog is http://hounddognews.blogspot.com/ Drop in and see us!
Julie Bassett
Post a Comment