Wishful Thinking

Friday, February 20, 2009

Happy Hair Ending

Wow...who knew we were all still harboring such harrowing bad perm memories? The pain in my comment box was palpable. I think some group therapy, at say...North Beach Pizza in San Francisco, is in order! Let me know when you're all available and I'll bring a comfy portable couch along.

Well, my junior high bad perm saga had a happy ending. My hair wasn't permanently (pun intended) damaged after all. But then there was my 8th grade graduation dress...

Photobucket

Here I am taking modesty a little too much to heart - or was this my mother's fault again? I have my suspicions. Possibly more salt her way cometh...

Photobucket

Hmmm, looks like all my BFFs went shopping together without me. Check out the way my friend Amy is checking me out. She's all like, "giiiiiirl, we're in the twentieth century now."

Photobucket

Here I am, gracefully gliding back to my seat like a delicate and proper Victorian lady-in-waiting. I was only 100 years late and one parasol removed from being Monet's muse.

13 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You look all Farrah Fawcet! You look gorgeous. And like a hot polygamist, but that's neither here nor there.

Heidi said...

Too cute--that quote there at the end AND your hairdo. I love the dress! Rah for Gunne Saxe! I had one for my temple pageant dress since the outlet was in SF and I grew up in the bay area. I had one for my sister's wedding reception and my other sister's wedding reception, my halloween costume one year . . .

Laura said...

Oh my goodness, I can't stop laughing at that last line about Monet's muse. You're killin' me Moorechen. And I wish I had pictures from my oldest sister's wedding in 1983. We all had dresses like yours, only in yellow. Gunne Sax was THE thing, girl!

Anonymous said...

I think you look so beautiful!!!! I love it! I would wear that to church if I could.

Super Happy Girl said...

BWHAHAHAHA!
Those bangs were banging.

"looks like all my BFFs went shopping together without me."
Aww, but you looked the cutestest.

sara said...

The hair, the modest dress... all of it, just beautiful! I love happy endings!

Barbaloot said...

Your friend really is looking at you sketchy:)
If it helps, I would have LOVED to have a dress like that when I was younger---but my parents never got me one. So, if nothing else, I would have looking at you in awe/jealously instead.

Harlene said...

Such a babe you are!

I think I had the same dress, looking for pic now! I'm all over the North Beach Pizza Party!

Alyson | New England Living said...

I remember those awesome gunne sax dresses! My big sis was into them big time. You look adoarble!

nevadanista said...

Oh wow! You're all kinda making me like the dress :D

Jenn G. said...

Gunne Saxe Girl! I think I wore that same dress to my Junior Prom!

Carpenters said...

You crack me up!

J-Lo said...

That looks a lot like my mom's wedding dress, actually. Totally awesome!