Remember a few weeks back, after Christmas, when I shared my moving testimony about Rock Band?
"And finally, I want to share my testimony, that I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Rock Band (the family gift) is true, that I will someday receive a 100% playing drums on 'Black Hole Sun' (I'm still on easy, baby steps people) and that I want to be with my family forever when we're rockin' it together!"
You probably thought I was just being silly right? Check this out
On drums
Yes, you're right, it's not the same song. But did you notice the level is 'EXPERT'? It wasn't pretty, and it's not one of the hardest songs, but I passed - 6 times!!! Matt keeps asking me if I'm embarrassed about my Rock Band addiction... ...um, no. Because I'm totally awesome and I know Rock Band is true :) Sheesh Plus, it's one more amazing thing to add to my long list of useless talents :) And little Eva is hot on my trailOn drums
I think we're going to start a girl band! ********************************************************** My salt homework continues... Besides being profoundly weak (it took all the strength she could muster to make it with her walker from her bedroom to the living room), my mom also had a leg swelling complication. Fourteen years ago she had a chunk of melanoma on her right inner thigh removed. The doctor also removed the lymph-nodes in that leg (apparently it was unnecessary), and as a result, fluid does not easily drain anymore - meaning her ankle becomes extremely swollen if she consumes too much sodium. Normally, she takes a water pill everyday, and something else I can't remember the name of, but these medications were exacerbating the kidney failure, so she had to quit taking them. In addition to all that, the hospital, which was excellent in every other way, could not seem to provide a low sodium diet, so by the time she was discharged, she could hardly wiggle her toes from the swelling. The really exciting and heartwarming part coming soon...why...am...I...still...torturing...myself...this...way?...

12 comments:
I have never played Rock Band. I am hanging my head in shame.
You need to play it in your Snuggie. It would make a great profile pic!
umm...you forgot to mention my 92% of guitar, on hard!! pshhh whats wrong with you woman!!
You've got us on the edge of our collective seats! (I spent an entire winter playing Guitar Hero when it first came out--I got good, highest level on some songs but could never quite beat the game. I have regretted it ever sice. You go girl!)
I'm still on easy with Guitar Hero. Mostly because I don't like messing up, and I can play easy without messing up...too much.
I refuse to touch these kinds of games, not out of some moral high ground. I'm just so terrible at them that I don't think my self-esteem could handle the blow. :-)
Can't wait for the rest of the story about your mom.
I am SOOO horrible at Rock Band!!!! My kids love it.
However...I could whoop you at High School Musical Sing It!
I believe rock band is true as long as I am not required to sing.
That is freaking awesome!!! one of the songs I can play expert on is Dirty Little Secret. With our powers combined we can RULE the world!
I would like to pay for lessons...I have totally never played and would like to learn!!
haha i like my wal-mart button thing!! :)
More!
More!
Post a Comment