Wishful Thinking

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Winter Coats

Eva's been home sick for the last couple days, so I took her out for a drive to get out of the house. We drove up to see the wild horses, and you know what? She was bored right out of her mind! Can you believe that? Oh well. I had a good time :)

The horses are all decked out in their thick winter coats now. They look very different than they do during the summertime.

Photobucket

Slide Mountain in the background

Photobucket

Don't you just want to take it home, give it a nice hot bath, and then cuddle up with it?

Photobucket

Photobucket

There is a spot up on a certain hill where someone (possibly a government agency worker?) brings them hay during the winter. If you go up there, they walk right up to your car and are very friendly. This brown one tried to eat my jacket through the window. Parking there has kind of a Pavlovian affect on them I think. It's the Pavlovian parking spot.

And do you know what else I saw today? Prisoners in black and white stripes cleaning up horse stuff on Steamboat :D I didn't know they still wore stripes! Crime really doesn't pay!!!

I've never actually seen the horses on Steamboat, but they made a huge mess on it over the last few weeks! I kind of imagine it happening like a Far Side cartoon - they sneak over in the middle of the night, mess the place up, and then laugh their heads off at the prisoners cleaning up after them. You just have to love that they do whatever they want, wherever they want, and whenever they want!

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Prisoners in California wear orange jumpsuits. I like the idea of black and white stripes better. Gorgeous photos!

Sheri Willardson said...

Hopefully Eva is feeling better! Poor thing-I'm going crazy being inside, and I'm not even sick! (Just sick of winter) I might need to go check out the wild horses myself. I wonder what my girls would think if we went to see them...

Anonymous said...

I would totally take that little pony home and give it a bath and cuddle it. its so sweet. and I'd put a red bow around its neck.

Laura said...

Have you had enough winter already?! I have, and poor Eva has to be sick on top of that? Hope she gets feeling better soon.

sara said...

Wow, did you get any pictures of the black and white stripes? It makes me think of "Oh Brother where are't thou" (although I didn't like that movie)
I don't know why, but it's scary to me that the horses come right up to your car. Wild animals frighten me.

Julie said...

AWESOME winter coats! You know what's funny?? Your friend New England Living is often on my friend Ellen's blog too! Small world isn't it?!

Super Happy Girl said...

"Prisoners in black and white stripes" Really? It's just like in the movies!

I love the pictures. They look so soft and friendly :)

Unknown said...

I'm with Eva. I'm not that much of a "horse person."

I think it's something your born with. My sis, Voices Carrie, and I talk about it all the time. Her daughter and our older sister looooove horses.

Us? Not so much.

I do like your pictures though.

Sarie said...

I just love what you write about-- I wish I had a hill that I knew about with wild horses.. and I wish my daughter was bored like that. It just makes for a good story, ya know??