Wishful Thinking

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

'Yellow' by Ella

Tonight Ella was running late getting to bed but needed to print a poem she had written for a class that was on a flash drive, so I told her to go to bed and I would print it for her. Here is the poem:

“Yellow” by Ella Hamrick

Yellow is the color of Joy
An unexpected surprise
To a deserving young child

There are yellow daisies and yellow sunsets
Childhood feels yellow, joyful and bright
Yellow is a stroll through the meadows

Yellow is bright and happy
Always smiling upon you

Yellow feels like happiness, joy, and excitement
Yellow is the lilies floating on the water
Or the refreshing lemonade on a sunny yellow day

Yellow feels like tomorrow
But seems like yesterday
With every heart beat and joyful smile

I think Ella is Yellow

***********************************************

More salt coming soon, but in the meantime, my mother made a miraculous return to work today :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dang mom

sara said...

What a delightful poem! I love that your daughter's blushing. At least I assume she's blushing because I always say "oh dang mom" while blushing.
Glad to hear about your mom! That is definately some "yellow" news!

Alyson | New England Living said...

That is a beautiful poem! You should be so proud, and I'm sure you are. You've obviously given her a wonderful childhood for her to have such great associations with it.

Super Happy Girl said...

"Always smiling upon you."


Awww, I didn't even know any of that :)

Julie said...

AWESOME poem Ella! Or should I say Mrs. Jonas?? I love yellow & how happy it makes me...that's why the inside of my house is yellow!

OldBoatGuy said...

Rachel, I am the oldboatguy, I just read your comment on my blog. I have sent in my app for the Tahoe Wooden baot show on June 18th thru June 21. Her name is "The Other Woman. If you get a chance, come see it at the Seirre Boat Company, at Carelian Bay. I'll be by the boat all day Saturday, until the Barbique that evening.

Yellow is a wonderful color, nice poem. Arlon

Sheri Willardson said...

Good job Ella-you have inspired me.

I think I am going to wear something Yellow tomorrow. :)

Harlene said...

I can see why Mr. Jonas loves her so...

Anonymous said...

So awesome! that made me happy :)

Barbaloot said...

Not gonna lie---that's pretty dang impressive. And yeah---I'm with Alyson; how great that she has such a positive view.

Anonymous said...

Yellow is my favorite color and for all the reasons described in Ella's poem.

Rachel, you should live yellow and be so proud of your daughter!