Last night we saw The Police in concert with the O'Neils at the Sleep Train Amphitheater outside of Sacramento, in Wheatland. It was a great show, needless to say. It was The Police after all! They did all their big hits, and also lots of lesser known songs, which are just as good and sometimes even better than the biggies!!! My favorite number was 'Wrapped Around Your Finger'. Stewart Copeland had every imaginable cymbal type dangly thing to make noise with, and a huge gong. He's so impressive! There wasn't one song the entire evening I didn't enjoy. They are incredible performers, and Sting's voice is fantastic live!!!
I'm afraid this tour has taken a toll on Sting though. He now looks like a grandpa in his scruffy grey beard, and much older than he did only a year ago when we saw them in June 2007. Chris said he looked like Popeye's dad. That was kind of impressive, because I didn't even realize that Popeye had a dad. But with the help of google - here he is. You be the judge...

Popeye's dad - Pappy
At the Grammy awards in 2007, when they announced they would tour again
But you know, I liked Cary Grant best in his late 50's and 60's! I don't care if Sting is aging. He's doing it well, and he's been my one and only constant celebrity crush since I was a senior in high school (I was already a big fan, but when Sting's 'Nothing Like The Sun' came out, I was completely smitten) - and he still is, even if his last album was 17th century lute music :)
Matt, Me, Nicole, Chris
I love my new Fidel Castro-ish/Police hat ;)
The people watching was fun too.
This was a couple sitting right in front of us, sporting matching his & hers ear plugs. They were deafinitely ready to ROCK OUT! The plugs stayed in ALL night.
A good time was had by all, even the hearing impaired. Actually, that describes us after the concert - the people who didn't wear ear plugs :)
The audio is terrible, but you get the idea
7 comments:
That sounds like fun! I love the Police. With older sisters I grew up on their music. I totally thought Sting was hot when I saw him on Oprah a long time ago. I have to agree with Chris, he does look like Popeye's dad. What is with the scruff?
Yeah for you guys! I am fond of those aging crushes as well. This am at breakfast I realized Shaun Cassisdy is only 10 years older than me. That doesn't seem too old anymore. Glad you got to go!!
Looks like fun-You are the concert queen!
How fun! I wish we could have gone to that, we love The Police! I'm jealous. He definitely does look like Popeye's dad, love the little photoshop picture of Sting sporting the pipe!
I remember watching them in concert when many years ago! It would be fun to see them again! Glad you had a great time.
Hmmm I can see why you think he's hot...I think I went a little more punk with Billy Idol & a little more rock with Jon Bon Jovi. I HAVE to leave you a memory...I still laugh when I think about it!! Remember when we did the late night scrapbooking at Jenn's house and you would be able to stay for about 2 hours and then Matt would call at about 10:00 and you would have to go home (while the rest of us...okay so only I...stayed until 4am), and one night when he called Jenn told him that you had left already and he got really panicked that you weren't home already?! We laughed so hard at his expense!! (We really did love you though Matt!) And of course the toilet papering with Karen being 8 months pregnant and myself being about 5 months pregnant was pretty fun!!!
Well, the husband training has taken a little longer with Matt, than with some other husbands apparently ;-) I think I've got him under control now though :)
LOL! I forgot how pregnant Karen was, and that you were pregnant too. But I seem to remember there being a baby along, and that mother trying to keep the baby quiet :D Now I can't remember exactly who it was though.
Post a Comment