Wishful Thinking

Monday, July 7, 2008

Some things are just wrong...

Having the first day of the new school year on July 7th is one of them! Year round school is evil and bad. It's just WRONG to take your kids to school in July! And btw, I didn't take all the kids to school today, just two out of three. Ella is in Jr High and is on traditional schedule, so that just adds to the suckiness. But it was very sweet this morning though, when she said she was actually going to be bored without Eva and Sophie around. Hearing her say that was one good thing about this I guess.

And even though Eva and Sophie had to start their new year a day after coming back from a fun fourth of July weekend, and should have been having more fun in the sun today instead of getting up early and sitting in a classroom - they did look cute!

3 comments:

Reno 411 said...

They do look darling. I am sorry they started school. I am bummed for you. I am not exactly sure how I feel about year round school. Orchestrating a Jr High kid schedule will be a bummer. I am thinking that starting August
4th is too soon. School should start at the END of August not the beginning.

Julie said...

You do have beautiful girls! I always thought I would really like year round school...of course that was before there was one in middle/high school and before I thought of sending my kid to school in July?!!!!!

nevadanista said...

Hey Julie, lets try for the lake in August. Do you still have my #?

We've done year round before at Double Diamond, and I already know I hate it! When I was a kid, we got out early or mid June, and didn't go back until after Labor Day weekend.