Afterwards, we had some lovely sunlight cast through lingering clouds
Monday, July 14, 2008
Summer rain
We had an unexpected, but very welcome torrential downpour yesterday. It did cause some flash flooding in the North Valleys, but it didn't do anything here but clear the air :) Yay, we can see the mountains clearly this morning. I haven't heard if it put out any of the California fires though. The smoke will probably be back soon.
p.s. to all my LDS friends who have moved away - I would post some pics from the ward BBQ last night, but I couldn't be there because it was back to school night *SCREAM*.
I just wanted to whine some more about school in July!
And can I just say how wonderful and joyful I felt yesterday, knowing someone else was planning the ward BBQ and worrying about whether or not to cancel it because of the weather?! I think I might have had a heart attach if I had still been the Activities Committee Chairperson when that rain started, which was at about 4:52, according to my video timer. It ended here in our neighborhood at about 5:20, and the BBQ was scheduled to begin at 5:30 out at Bower's Mansion. I can't tell you how overjoyed I was just thinking about someone else having to deal with it :) Matt took the kids and said they had a great time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
that rain was sooo fun!!!
So funny you posted a video - I did the same thing and had Kenna run around in it. She wasn't as enthusiastic about it as your kids, though.
Didn't it smell so yummy, too?!
I love the video of your girls in the rain-it seriously made me smile to watch that! I missed the ward party this year :( Too bad!
I miss the rain, the ward, jen, rachel, sheri and bowers mansion.
With that video I miss ella, eva and sophie too!
I love, Love, LOVE the photos of the light through the clouds after the rain. Beautiful!
We love the rain! We happened to be at the park, arriving just before the sky opened up and then got stranded under the pavilion until it stopped. Luis had a great time running in the rain and jumping in all the puddles (wish I would have had my camera), the girls on the other hand cried because the rain hitting the metal roof was very loud. Even with two crying kids and a crazy 2 year old running around, we had a great time in the rain, and we really needed to clear out those smoky skies! Looks like you had a blast as well!
Post a Comment