Wishful Thinking

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Does it Make Me a Bad Person To Love a Good Old Fashioned April Fool's Joke? :)

I think not!

I did feel a slight pang of guilt with each congratulation however - but it was quickly followed by a *hee hee, the old facebook April Fool's status update and blog post trick really does work, hee hee*

Thank you for your nice comments and happiness about my faux pregnancy. I'm so glad that your were so glad!

I didn't get Matt this year though. I still feel bad about the time I pulled a cruel one on him about five or six years ago. At the time, I drove a 1981 Volkswagen Vanagon, which was a totally H-O-T hot car btw, and not just because it didn't have air-conditioning. Several times random people in parking lots wanted to buy it. It had the coolness factor (I made cuter curtains for it sometime after this picture was taken), and it was also huge inside, as you can see from the pic below (can't find an exterior shot at the moment).

Photobucket

Eva, Sophie and Ella - Christmas Eve 2002

There's room to spare on that back row with two huge car seats and a nine year old! I could practically stand up in it. But that also meant that it was high profile and not built for wind. It was down right scary sometimes in fact. When a strong gust would hit, it felt as if it was pushing you right into the next lane, (kind of like changing lanes in Frogger), or off the road. On Thanksgiving one year, we were almost blown into a ditch driving up to my Mom's. It was a 'we're all gonna die moment'. So when I called Matt on a super windy April Fool's Day one year, and told him we'd blown over and the kids were pretending to cry in the background - that was cruel and unusual punishment!!! Still haven't lived that one down or received a just punishment... sorry again honey.

And happy day after April Fools everyone :) I deserve to be 'gotten' next year! And no, I'm not taking a break. I'm still determined to somehow make Anjeny love Jack Johnson!!!

8 comments:

Laura said...

Hee hee hee, you're good!

Kristina P. said...

Too funny! I'm really surprised my husband didn't play one on me yesterday. His family LOVES pranks.

rychelle said...

i didn't even see it coming.

well, congratulations on NOT being pregnant, i guess. ;)

Julie said...

I remember that van well! Didn't Matt buy it at an auction?? SERIOUSLY roomy inside!

Heidi said...

I called my husband several times yesterday with news that my car was spouting stinky green goo. Sadly, it was the truth.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Yes, let's make Anjeny love Jack Johnson.

Love the van. We had one like that. Curtains and all. It's was purple (but not tie dyed).

HA! I'm so glad your were April fooling us. I wonder if Jami was April fooling us too.

Danila said...

I remember that van! I loved it, we always knew where the Hamricks were, it was so easy to spot! My aunt and Uncle had one of those for over 15 years, I use to love to go on trips with them, it really was roomy inside.

Anjeny said...

Oh Crap...you know I was actually going to come back and beg you that I'll go out and buy anything Jack Johnson and even start stalking him in hopes that you will not take a pregnancy pause on the blogging...but now, well now hummmmp..

You are good though, I totally didn't see that one coming. I like the car joke...that is totally something I could pull on my hubby.