Last night, Eva won our friends and family ESPN NCAA bracket picks with 1360 points and the winning team, UNC!!! It's a victory worthy of admiration by all, as she's only nine years old and has never even paid two minutes of attention to college basketball in her short life. It's also a victory for girls and women everywhere who love to compete against, and beat boys and men at their own games, hee hee hee (I had the distinct pleasure of picking last year's winner). So today I sing her praises and thank her on behalf women and girls everywhere. Thank you Eva for a sweet victory (did I mention she tied for first with my brother in-law Denver? Oh, did I forget that part? Does it really matter?)
See Eva's winning bracket here. ESPN has made it impossible to save or copy and paste the image - stupid boys!
***********************************************
On Sunday evening, my sister's three girls Josie, and twins Jamie and Julia, arrived for a few days of high decibel fun with our girls. Yesterday we went down to Minden and partied at the fantastic, and totally worth the drive, Carson Valley Swim Center.
Josie
Jamie
Julia
Eva
Sophie - so blessed with those Hamrick/Hagquist eyelashes
Josie
Jamie
Julia
Eva
Sophie - so blessed with those Hamrick/Hagquist eyelashes ****************************************
Check out how Jamie and Julia lose the same teeth at the same time. This was in January
Yesterday - Julia and Jamie******************************************
Sadly, Ella is in school right now just as the younger ones are out. But don't get me started on the evils of year round elementary school, and having a junior high student on traditional...
Oh, btw. Ella and her friends won honorable mention at the state History Day competition for their Sacajawea Rap video (watch it here). They missed going to Washington D.C. by only two spots! So sad about that, but yay for making it that far :)

10 comments:
OMGOSH! I'm first!!!!!
YAY Eva! In Hawaii we would spell that Ewa! Or Iwa.
And what phenomenal photos! Your daughter's are beautiful! WOW!
And my kids are competing next weekend to see if they get to go to D.C. for History Day. I have to say I am so sad your daughter didn't make it. What if the universe had brought us together in D.C.? Imagine the blog power!!
Great pictures! I love the water ones! I can't believe Eva won (tied psha)! Go women everywhere!
sophie's eyelashes are AMAZING.
Ava way to keep the win among the Hamrick women! So many talents you've inherited from your mother.
The swim center sounds fun. My kids greatly miss our pool in Vegas. Maybe I should load them up and get our fix in. School - schmool. It will still be there tomorrow right?! = )
Well, being first around here isn't that difficult Crash ;-) I hope your son wins!!! But I'll be sad to have missed out on all the fun - especially since you're such a celebrity magnet :) How abut you just photo-shop me into to all your pics if you go.
OH MY GOODNESS! I can't believe my eyes - is it really you Jen? You're back :)
No, it doesn't really matter that she tied for first:)
I'll have to check out the Carson swim center one of these days.
Three cheers for Girl Power!! Way to go, Eva! And I love the pictures from the water park. Makes me wish it weren't going to be rainy and chilly here today. Sigh.
Congrats to Ella...I really thought she should've gotten 1st for sure!!!!!
Way to go Eva!!!
Also you took some dang cute photos of all the girls at the Minden pool (I love that place!!!).
Your girls are so cute! I love their eyes :)
Post a Comment