...which is why I didn't say that I hate Scott MacIntyre - because I certainly don't. Just his singing. And his final performance was vindicating, although I don't think my opinion actually needed vindication. What came as a shock however, was that Kara and Paula wanted to save him. I truly believe his blindness has deafened them (did I just say that out loud?). It's as if it's the first time they've ever been aware that blind people can play musical instruments and sing.
But poor Scott - his stylists didn't do him any favors. Generally speaking, there have been some really positive makeovers on AI through the years, but unfortunately, Scott looked like he was sporting a blue hair club special. His loose curls were so much better. But the last two weeks he looked like when your grandma goes to have her hair poofed and set for the week and sleeps with a net to keep it in place. I was hatin' it!!! But not actually as much as I was hatin' on that Flo Rida performance, if you really want to know what I was hating on last night's AI. I would have even voted for him to go home before Scott, if he and his posse had been contestants. It's so fun to pay attention to the camera work when they have an act with sleazy dancers. You could just feel the stress and tension that must have been going on behind the scenes to keep the show family friendly, with each quick close up on Flo Rida, or frantic cut away from the pole dancing moves.
Next week I have my sights set on either Anoop or Lil Round.
Btw, Allison is my favorite. I don't care that that she's kind of socially akward or that she has a bad stylist too. The girl can sing. There's nothing contrived about anything she does once the music starts. She a natural and I hope they just leave her alone and let her be herself.
And wow! That Kellie Pickler ain't no Carrie Underwood, is she? But I really did love that thing on her finger!
**********************************************
Late in the afternoon yesterday, my brother in-law decided to come get the girls. They were hoping to not have to travel today because it's my nephews birthday and they have plans - happy birthday Jonathon (he's 22). But it seems as if we just can't retrieve our kids without the forces of nature, and now criminal intent, combining against us. Jim was about 45 minutes into the drive when traffic was stopped in both directions due to a hostage situation. A man was holding his wife and children at gunpoint (I really hate it when that happens), and it didn't end until about 11 pm - peacefully thank goodness. So today is rescue attempt #2.
*********************************************
Sophie got the royal treatment yesterday
And Jamie got friendly with a wild horse
I think The Museum of Bad Art was inspiring - I haven't stop blogging since it cured my writer's block.

10 comments:
I'm so not following American Idol this time (we don't watch it, just keep up with the chatter and visit the singing on Youtube). Instead I am totally into the BBC/America broadcast of the Am. Idol type show to choose Andrew Lloyd Webber's next Joseph. I only just found out this all happened about two years ago--I know who won, the fact that he got engaged to one of the judges and just finished up his 18 month stint ast Joseph in London's West End. Talk about slow!
Totally agree with you about Allison - but could she PLEASE get a color correction on that hair!
I also like Kris Allen. (Is that his last name? I really do like him even if I don't know his last name.)
We are so on the same page. Scott has such a shiny spirit. I have that same reaction to him as I do to a new born baby--oh, how sweet. But you're right about his voice. Simon made the right move. I'm glad they saved their save for later.
I really really really like Allison too. Her voice rocks. I like Adams voice tooooooo, although I admit I sometimes feel like I have to look away while he's singing.
Cute picture of the wild horse. ha hahahah classic.
I can't believe you were hating on the kid (whisper)with disabilities!
can't you see that he was so awesome and talented?
Maybe you're the blind one!
Ok, actually, I don't follow AI, I just happen to know that this kid is blind because I read People religiously. I'll take your word for it that he can't sing.
So half way through the Flo Rida performance I said to David, "I'm really glad I can't understand what he's saying b/c I'm pretty sure this is a really dirty song based on what the dancers are doing." Thos are some lyrics I'm NOT going to google.
I have to say it makes me uncomfortable to watch the Allison interviews, but I agree she's got chops:)
Pity votes - I'm sooooo glad he's gone!!
I had to download Survivor's version of Search Is Over - just to get his out of my head!!
And you totally nailed it on the head about his hair!! Too funny!!
The Flo-Rida dancers were incredibly TACKY - what were they thinking???? The chorus of that song is so catchy, but my niece just told me it's a bad, bad song!!
We need a little A.I. chat room we can all discuss our critiques after the show - maybe we can use Crash's comment box!
I only watch AI when my Grandma is in town. She's hooked! I'll have to ask her about the boy you don't like and she what she has to say.
Ha ha Eliza, Scott was probably your grandma's favorite. I think he mostly appealed to old ladies and the hearing impaired ;-)
Jen, I don't care at all about her hair - know what I'm sayin'? Love Kris Allen too (yes, you got his name right).
Crash, Scott did have a shiny spirit. It's difficult to have to tell the truth about an inspiring blind person, but someone's gotta do it ;-)
Take my word for it Sara :)
J-Lo, I have to say that when they interviewed her in one of the early rounds, I fast forwarded her right before she did 'Alone' by Heart, because she was boring me to death. I was certain she was going to be horrible - but oh was I wrong!!!
An AI chat room would be so fun Val, but that would make me suck at life even more than I do now I'm afraid :D
AI on tonight-who's going home this time? I really like Allison and Adam, so hopefully not them....
Ok, so I would really love to have you come read my today's post so I can read where in the five groups fan of AI do you fall under. Pls pretty pls...no April fooling this time...lol.
Post a Comment