
Her classy, non-whiny, and honest interview after the race made me feel even worse for Lolo Jones.

I don't remember ever seeing someone in the lead run out of gas faster than Sanya Richrds did in the 200 meter last night. It was as if someone had attached weights to her rear end after the turn.
I love Nastia Luikin in action! She's like an elegant ballerina doing flips and dangerous tricks, but between the action, she needs to work on those snobby facial expressions. I know it's concentration, but I can't stand looking at her anymore when she's not performing or on the winners stand. But now I won't have to because the gymnastics are FINALLY over!!! Is it just me, or did NBC really milk it for all it's worth? And now that it's over, I won't have to hear from John Tesh again about how Shawn Johnson's coach grew up in Beijing, moved to Texas, opened a gymnastics business, and just two months later, little six year old Shawn Johnson showed up at his gym. That was only ten years ago ya know, and now it's all come full circle, and here he is back in Beijing with his Olympic athlete, and now gold medal winner. I won't have to hear that story again, thank goodness.
But yay for Shawn Johnson
I thought Jonathan Horton's high bar routine was much more thrilling to watch than the gold medalist's, but I didn't like his attitude again when he spoke to the camera afterwards, so I don't mind that he got silver.
Last night they said Michael Johnson said that he doesn't think Usain will break his record, which is 19.32. He thinks he'll run it around 19.50. Why do people say things like that? Didn't he learn anything from the Michael Phelps nay sayers?
4 comments:
Help...I am totally lost as to what to watch now...I don't think they are even televising the Rhythmic gymnastics.
Hmmm, they're not televising badminton, handball or ping-pong either - go figure ;-)
Actually, badminton, handball, and pingpong are broadcast on MSNBC so I get to watch those at the gym. USA is also broadcasting some of the events like weighlifting (have you seen those people???) In case having 4 hours of your evening consumed by Olympic viewing isn't enough to squelch productivity, you can catch the other gems throughout the day. By the way, how did trampoline make prime-time coverage?
Hellllloooo? I'm still waiting for the synchornized swimming. My favorite. I love the pinched nose look.
Karen
P.S. You make me laugh. You're the best.
Post a Comment