Wishful Thinking

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Usain, You're Insane!

Okay, I'm doing some catching up on track & field. I did see Usain Bolt in the 100 meter, which was INSANE, but not until the next day. I had to go do my grocery shopping Saturday night after Michael Phelps because we were poolside at my sister's all day. Anyway, now I just watched the ladies 100 meter. Wow! Jamaica! I loved Usain and the women's winner (can't remember her name). So joyful at winning without the cockiness. Well, some might say Usain was somewhat cocky for celebrating before he even reached the finish line, but I liked what he said said in his post race interview when asked by how much more he could have broken the world record had he not pulled up at the end. He said he didn't care about that, he was just happy he won, and then said about ten more times in answer to every question. He was just happy mon (in my best faux Jamaican accent)! I find him charming when he does his lighting bolt arms. And then I loved the women's winner as well, and her complete joy at winning :)

Can't wait for the men's 200 meter final! Will Usain Bolt break Michael Johnson's INCREDIBLE world record? It seems impossible looking back at his win in 1996.

Some say Usain can do it, others say not. We shall see. Usain wears golden shoes too...

7 comments:

Harlene said...

Wouldn't the 100 meter be so fun to watch if they were twirling ribbons like rhythmic gymnasts?

Jen said...

And after he won we went and found his mom in the stands to give her a hug - well, the Chinese fan got in the way, but that's what he was doing.

Michael Phelps did the same thing after he was presented his 8th gold medal. Love it when they remember about their moms!

Jen said...

P.S. What's with Harlene's obsession over rhythmic gymnastics?!

nevadanista said...

Clearly the girl is whack, be we both already knew that :D

Anonymous said...

i love you mommy

Reno 411 said...

Usain is insane. He acts like his speed is effortless. I do think he is cocky, but dang when you are that fast you have every right.
I love the track and field events. It gives me a tiny bit of an adrenaline rush.

I guess he proved people wrong because he did win both 100 and 200.

nevadanista said...

I heart you too Ella!!!

Don't you hate it when you post an obvious spelling error and you can't change it? I meant to write 'BUT we both already knew that' :)