Wishful Thinking

Friday, August 22, 2008

Gravity Lessons, Wile E. Coyote Style

Well the Chi-coms couldn't quite control the weather and smog as planned (yes, the Chinese actually hoped to control the weather during the Olympics). They forgot that cameras would take shots of vast amounts of empty seats (not sold, as to avoid the gathering of too many of the wrong kind of people in one place). They didn't realize people in Beijing watching the brilliant fire works display on their televisions of the opening ceremonies could look outside and see that half of it wasn't actually happening because it was computerized. They also forgot to actually find real ethnic children to dress up in their respective ethnic clothing to hand the Chinese flag to their goose stepping soldiers, and to silence the unattractive little girl with the beautiful voice who was supposed to sing in the opening ceremonies, but had to lipsync for a better looking girl with nice teeth who couldn't sing, whom she was pushed aside for, and who received all the accolades and admiration of her countrymen. And now, they can't control the free western press from discovering the ages of their underaged gymnasts. That's because they also forgot that the internet has no restrictions in the free western world. The Chi-coms remind me of one of my grandfather's favorite cartoon characters

Weather control article:

2 comments:

J-Lo said...

Wow, I hadn't heard about the Chinese "banks of rocket launchers" designed to blast the rain from the clouds.

Maybe they "scheduled" the rain for the women's beach volleyball final hoping it would favor the Chinese players. Too bad May/Walsh are invincible!

By the way, does Harlene have a blog? I saw rhythmic gymnastics on NBC at 11:30am central time yesterday and was thinking I should let her know it didn't even get bumped to MSNBC. It was the first time I'd seen these events. Who knew you could do that with a hoola hoop?

Anonymous said...

While we are on the subject, did you see the article about what the poor participants in the opening ceremonies were put through? Did I already mention that to you? I think maybe I did. Oh well.

I do have a blog...and I need to go looking for those hoola hoopers.