Wishful Thinking

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Back to School For Ella And A Slide Show

We have an 8th grader now *huge gasp*. Ella started school on Monday :( Above is the requisite first day of school picture. Eva and Sophie go back after Labor day :( :(

Contrary to the impression I gave of myself zombified in front of the television, obsessed and crazed watching Michael Phelps and Usain Bolt 23/7, and then spending the 24th hour blogging about it, I didn't actually ignore my children every moment of the two week long Olympic Games (although I did, and still do, ignore the laundry). Somehow I gathered the strength and manage to peel myself away from the action and go have some fun with them a few times. And while Michael Phelps was conquering the world in Beijing at The Water Cube, we had some swimming victories of our own. First, after being able to swim unassisted in deep water for 4 years now, Eva can finally swim and jump in without plugging her nose! And second, Sophie learned to swim unassisted, floaty free, in the deep end!!!!! She learned how to dive before she could do that. Allow me to congratulate myself for this milestone in motherhood - congratulations!

Here's a bigmegahugeginormous slide show of some water fun we had the second half of August. Probably only my mother and sister will care to make it through the entire thing though. Why so many pictures? Because I can :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wat up wit u gettin up all in my grill and posting tat horribl pic of me yo
keep it real
peace out