Wishful Thinking

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Rest Of Olympics Ruined For Me

Michael Phelps may have ruined the rest of the Olympics for me. I'm feeling early onset Olympic withdrawal symptoms tonight. I'm so sad the Michael Phelps swimming EPIC is over!!!!! What a privilege it was to witness! You can't even write stuff like what happened this last week. No one would believe it - by less than a fingertip, a fingernail really! I will press forward however, continuing to ignore the laundry, the kids, watching others burn unfathomable amounts of calories while eating bonbons, staying up way past my already way too late bedtime, and try to enjoy the rest of the games as best I can ;-)

Well okay, that's not actually much different than what usually goes on here, but still...

2 comments:

J-Lo said...

David said last night, "When are the Olympics going to be over? I want my life back!" But it's so fun to sit on the couch from 7-11:30pm every night. By the way, I'm sure you burned off a few bonbons if your enthusiasm over the Phelps races has brought you to your feet like it has us. Let's hope the track events have similar appeal.

Harlene said...

Don't forget...the rhythmic gymnastics are still ahead!!!