2. I've never had a manicure or a pedicure *gasp* - This is true. For one thing, I don't like wearing my fingernails long because I break them all the time. And when they're painted, they get all chipped up immediately, and then they have to be fixed. This is way too high maintenance for me. Plus, I don't see the sense in spending money on that stuff, when I could be spending it on books or music instead. I do paint my toe nails during the summer months though, but this year I haven't at all due to a freak toe accident in which my big toenail was completely ripped off. It's still growing back, but it's more noticeable if it's the only toe not painted. Below is my naked toe after said freak accident.
3. I can't sleep without these -humans were meant to sleep in the dark. I wake up everyday at the break of dawn with the slightest change of light. That's when I put my blinders on. I don't actually need the ear plugs if Matt isn't in bed with me snoring in my ear. But that's not very often.
4. I'm not from Susanville - I'm always surprised when people tell me they thought that's where I grew up. No people. No. I was born and raised in Hawthorne, California (not to be confused with Hawthorne, Nevada) and lived there until I was 18. I moved to Chico, California in 1987 with my mother, and then lived in Susanville for only eight months in 1991 where she had taken a teaching job. She still lives there - hence the confusion about where I'm from.
5. I have ADD - so says the illustrious and renown College of the Redwoods. I'd forgotten about this until recently, I'm not joking. I went a good 14 years or so without ever thinking about it. I was officially diagnosed by professionals back in 1993. I went to them in order to find out what was wrong with my brain, because I'm telling you, there's definitely something wrong with it (Matt would agree a little too much). The end result of several hours of testing and interviews over several days, was that they told me I had ADD, and qualified as a disabled student at the College of the Redwoods, which gave me access to free disabled student transportation services - I didn't take advantage of these services however. I can get around just fine, I just get distracted along the way. Anywho, I was lamenting to Jennifer Gordon a few weeks ago when she was in town, about my complete lack of organizational skills and about how my piles around the house and garage had reached critical mass. She is the yin to my yang in this respect, and actually owns a business in which she goes to the homes of lame people like me, who are incapable of not letting their homes descend into to utter chaos, and she cleans and organizes their lives for them. She told me about her clients having ADD, which reminded me of my own forgotten ADD. She described many 'normal' people just like me. Wow! I felt so much better about myself, like my brain isn't my fault, and I vowed to myself, to use my ADD diagnosis as the scapegoat for all my failings (and there are so many), but I keep forgetting. So, now that I'm blogging it, maybe I'll remember to throw it out there every once in a while. I'm going to start saying stuff like, "oh, sorry. I didn't get that done because of my ADD", or "sorry I missed that appointment, that's my ADD manifesting itself again. I can't help it." Just be prepared!
6. I can't type - it's true that I've typed this post and everything else on this blog, but I've done with my own advanced form of chicken pecking, never looking up from the keyboard. All the counselors in high school said we should take typing, so I didn't. And now I'm paying for it.
bonus fact:
7. Apparently I like to talk about myself

8 comments:
Love the random facts! It give me hope for Maddy, that her life will always be one of fun and frivolity with her ADHD. And that is coming from super organized, Type A personality me!
mother i did not no u had add...gasp...shok!!
Hey there. I am blog stalking this afternoon. John and I went to the Mt. Rose Ward. WOW so quiet :) We have got to be the least reverent ward in the church. How sad is that. Anyway church at 9:00 over at 10:00 because of course you don't stay for the other meetings when you're visiting sooo I have already had my afternoon nap. I love reading your blog. You say what so many of us are thinking and to afraid to say out loud. And I had no idea you had ADD. You hide it very well:)
Karen (formally from the nursery)
Is that red polish or your blahee toe? (bloody in a British accent) Ugh!!! Ya, ya, ya, I've heard that ADD excuse...even Matt doesn't believe you...I was there during that discussion. HA!
jenn
I AM SOO HAPPY AND JEALOUS! But welcome aboard the Keith bandwagon. Don't tell anyone but, he and I have a thing going! SHH!
P.S. I also sleep with a blindfold, probably have ADD, but LOVE pedicures.
Your blog makes me happy.
It was fun reading all these random facts about you. I also sleep with a mask over my eyes. I love it. You also don't seem ADD to me at all. If you are ADD, then none of us have a prayer.
You are do funny! I love the things you peck onto your blog. You are fabulous!!
Post a Comment