Oh, can't you see
You belong to me
I'm a pool hall ace
(it really says, How my poor heart aches)
With every breath you take
Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I'll be watching you
I'm not making that up.
He also thought the Dire Straits song 'Sultans of Swing' was actually called 'Sultans of Suede'. He was so convinced of this fact, that after driving for a couple of hours on our way home from being out of town, we had to pull into the nearest record store as we came into Reno (this was before the prevalence of cell phones), to settle a bet we'd made on it. Aaaah, the glory that was mine!
So now I'm feeling completely deflated that Matt already knew that wasn't Stevie Wonder. If he, of all people, knew it, then who else did? Every. One. But. Me?

9 comments:
Why is it when I listen to music now and I don't have much trouble deciphering lyrics...and then I think of what I used to SING to the song back in the day & laugh sooo hard!!!! Thank goodness I didn't really know what most songs were saying because so many of them were so naughty!!!
With all due respect to Nevadanista, you are correct that the lyrics say "how my poor heart aches"; however, when I recorded that track I did indeed sing "I'm a pool hall ace." Go back and listen very carefully.
Sting
Oh my! I'm having heart palpitations - Sting is blog stalking me. ME!
I had no idea that wasn't Stevie Wonder! I asked John (also known as the music king) and he didn't know that either. so you're not the only one. So the big question is, who actually did sing the first few lines then? I'm not totally convinced that Matt is right. haha.
Okay, I should have read your previous blog before I posted my comment. I got the answer to my question.
Well here's a good one....my daughter's friend thought that Elton John's song, "Tiny Dancer" was saying in the chorus..."hold me close Tony Danza". Ha!
Ok.. first things first... I about fell out of my chair when I saw your baby announcer thinggg, then I read the note about... Whewww you through me for a loop. So when are you going to start coming back to DD. We miss you!!
I really don't listen to stevie wonder, his music is much to old for my genre.... lol
Oh jenn g, that's one of the best ever! I never can sing 'Benny and the Jets' without singing "electric boobs".
Kelly Kelly Kelly...excellence is timeless. Besides, what are you talking about? You have Marvin Gaye, Van Morrison and Tony Bennett on your blog playlist. Let me know if you want me to hook you up with some Stevie Wonder.
LOL anonymous "sting"
Oh my gosh. LOL!!!
Post a Comment