- Lance Bass - Something about doing the Quickstep to a Cure song is just wrong. I can take him or leave him, but I think he'll stay a while. Oooh, his partner Lacie's top wasn't very flattering.
- Misty May Traenor - Loved it!!! And Maksim is H-O-T hot! I have to take a minute to mention something I saw during the Olympics though. Did anyone see the story about how her mother died, and she took some of her mother's ashes to spread at a competition? I lifted this blurb about the ash episode from a website I don't remember the name of, and I don't feel like going back to look: The star beach volleyball player Misty May-Treanor’s mother passed away in 2002 after a battle with cancer. While going through chemo, she was lucky enough to cheer Misty on as she finished fifth at the 2000 games in Sydney. Sadly, she didn’t live long enough to see her daughter’s stellar gold metal victories in both the 2004 Athens and 2008 Beijing summer Olympics. But she’s there in spirit and then some! After her two gold medal winning matches, Misty May-Treanor has grabbed a small vial of her mother’s ashes and sprinkled them across the sand of the beach volleyball court, her way of sharing the victory with her mom. Not a bad way to spend the hereafter, basking in the glory of your daughter’s gold metal victories. Okay, that's kind of weird and everything, but the weirdest thing of all, was that she had her mother's ashes in a brown prescription pill bottle. I thought she could have at least put the ashes is something classy, and more befitting the occasion. Just thought you'd like to know.
- Maurice Green - Looks great in gold! Loved it. His partner kind of looks like Paige from Trading Spaces.
- Brooke ? - She was great. Is she nursing, because I could swear when they were being judged, her right side was significantly smaller than her left. Go back and look if you tivo'd it.
- Frau Blucher - Go Frau Blucher! Did you read her lips when Carrie Ann gave her score?
- Toni Braxton - Maybe she should go soon, because I don't want to see her die on the dance floor. How long do you think it will take her to get those eyes off?
- Warren Sapp - There's just something wonderful about seeing a 300 plus pound defensive tackle left breathless after the Quickstep. At this point, I don't care much about the people left, but I will press forward.
- Ted - Definitely ALL white boy! Nuff said.
- Cody Linley - He's in love. It's amazing he was able to concentrate long enough to learn the dances. Thought they were very good.
- Susan Lucci - They were good, but I'd really like her to go into Erica Kane mode and slap somebody.
- Rocco - Love his name. How can you not love the name Rocco? Too bad about Madonna using it though. He's slightly less ALL white boy than Ted. I didn't think he moved his hips as much as they said he did, but he's mighty fine, so he can stay a while.
- Kim Kardashian - I'm not feelin' her. Maybe because she's the famous for being famous type. Why is she even on this show? She must go next! Which brings me to the elimination. Yay! The viewers got it right! Jeffrey Ross was gracious in defeat though. Ciao Jeffrey. May Kim Kardashian join you soon...
- I hope you people appreciate my bullet points. I did it all for you.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Week 1, Part 2 - Dancing With The Stars
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Thank you, I feel so complete now!
about the ashes...there's something mmmmmmmm not RIGHT about playing some volleyball in the sand and all the places sand tends to go and realizing someone's ashes are in there!! I know people do that kind of stuff all the time...just don't let me know that the sand my kids are building sandcastles with isn't really all SAND!!!! loved the commentary...maybe I'll have to watch.
i heart cody linley
also about the ashes... JULIE I seriously LOL when reading your comment. yeah I wouldn't want to be in the sand after that :)
and I think Kim should go. she oozes trashy tv to me.
I'm going to let you keep up the commentary, since I fell asleep half way through! Thanks for keeping me informed!
So I tuned in last night, and I have to say, I thought they were ALL good! That is so cliche, I know, but really, I was impressed with everyone. I don't watch this show as regularly as I would like to, so maybe I don't critique as much. Misty May is an awesome volleyball player, although she wasn't my favorite dancer (totally agree about the weirdness of the ashes in a medicine bottle.) I actually liked Lance Bass. And Cloris, of course!
Has anyone noticed just how cute the names are together...Lacey and Lance, Misty and Maks, Cloris and Corky. hilarious I think. Okay, loved the commentary. I totally read Frau's lips and was laughing so hard. I seriously think she's on somethin to me movin and groovin like that. Loved the coconut song too. Kim K. is too slow and too nice. She is ready to go, which is sad because I like her partner. He's amazing. But I love my new big teddy bear Warren. I just wanna squeeze him.
Sheri, gurl, that's cuz you ALL white gurlfriend ;-)
Ella, how can you call yourself 'Ella Jonas' and heart Cody Linley at the same time? I'm keeping both my eyes on you.
oh and hey...I'd put my mom in a prescription bottle. At least I know it's child proof right!!! haha
Oh Sariah, that killed me! Please write 'Karen, formerly of the nursery' on it for me :) And maybe you should refrigerate her too, until her time to blow in the wind comes.
Post a Comment