Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Friend
Now that my friend Trisha has her own blog, I feel like blogging about her. Although, I just remembered I'm still mad at her for moving away. This happens all the time when I think of her. I remember I'm still mad. They moved to FREAKIN' Utah over a year ago, but I'm still not over it. She used to constantly borrow things from me. It would go something like this:
Trisha on the phone "I can't believe I forgot to get a packet of au jus sauce mix at the store last night."
Me "I think I have one, let me go look. Yeah, I have a couple."
Trisha "Oh my gosh, you're so awesome! Who else would have extra packets of au jus sauce lying around? I'll send one of the kids right over."
See, I miss that. No one has borrowed anything from me in ages now, not even Karen W (I wish Karen would though, because she always sends over some of the cookies she made using our ingredient). Who is here to make me feel like I'm a totally with it person for having much needed au jus sauce on a Sunday afternoon? Or flour, sugar, butter, eggs, milk, onions, bread, tomatoes, etc.? No one.
The park is finally finished, and when we walk ten feet down the street on our way there, and pass their culdesac, there is no one out in the street to wave to. No one to shout out to "hey, come to the park with us." When I drive home past their street, sometimes I still glance over at their house out of habit, to see if anyone is out front to say hi to. But no, the house sits empty and lifeless.
Friday evening, I went to her cousin Jenny's baby shower and her mother and sisters were there, looking and sounding just like her. That really ticked me off ;-)
When I do my grocery shopping late every Saturday night, she's not here to come along, so we can't call each other on our cell phones while we're shopping to see if we're going to finish at the same time.
She's not here to go out on a spur of the moment dessert run to Mimi's Cafe.
She wasn't here to go to the lake with us - not even once! Why am I even writing about her? Clearly she's undeserving!!!! I'll have to rethink dedicating an entire blog post to her...
...alright, I'll go ahead with it on condition that she she only tag ME every time she does a tag, even though I probably won't actually do the tag. And that she make me the only person on her blog roll, and that she agree with everything I ever say on this blog :)
Come back Trisha! I know of just the perfect house for you to move in to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
You have NO idea how nice it is to be missed and how much I would love to move back into the neighborhood!! After a year and a half of looking I still haven't found anyone in my new neighborhood with a pantry half as well stocked as yours!! (I'm not kidding - just last week, I had to call 6 people to try and find an onion, the last person I talked to said I should just used dehydrated onions - which is not the same at all. I finally had to make something totally different and I was left wishing I had you around the corner.) PS - I feel like a rockstar now!!!
Rachel,
Could you please send me a pack of au jus sauce?
Thanks
Hey, everyone should feel like a rock star sometimes! But I'm so glad you couldn't find a fresh onion anywhere, so you would have to think of me :)
Harlene, I'm not happy with you either! You had to go and move away too, so no! No au jus sauce for you (think Soup Nazi).
Ummm...what is the baby widget doing on your sidebar????
We're pregnant! Just kidding, you probably saw it before I finished my explanation above the countdown. I'm already having baby widget sidebar regret though, because I want to eat junk at this very moment!!! I thought maybe if I announce my weight loss plans to the blogging world, I will stick to it. So please, no snide remarks if the baby widget quietly disappears ;-)
Hey Rachel it is Andrea Young. Email me at andykay_2001@yahoo.com and I will add you to my blog list. :)
Totally digging the reverse pregos thing. I give you a start score of at least 7.2.
Maybe a 7.5 if you decide to do the whole thing while twirling a hoola- hoop!
What is the start value for the highest degree of difficulty? That's what I need! What could possibly be more difficult than a reverse pregnancy?
It's fun business...that's for sure. So where are we going to meet? I'll be there from the 24th until the 29th of September. You gather everyone and let me know where to meet you all. :-)
LOL what a great tribute!!!
I will be calling you to borrow stuff now....
And YAY! Trish has a blog! Although she didn't tell me that herself, I am still going to blog stalk her!
I can't think of a person more deserving of a tribute post. And to think we share a portion of our genetic makeup! I'm flattered that my name made it in to the post, too:)
Post a Comment