Wishful Thinking

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sleeping Beauty

On the way to Eva's soccer game today, I glanced back at the girls and noticed Eva had her eyes closed. I said, "oh honey, it looks like you're tired." She instantly perked up and assured me she wasn't.

Literally, less than a minute later...

...and another thirty seconds after that.

Her power nap must have been just what she needed though, because she played an excellent game, and we killed the competition!!! She has an amazing assistant coach, by the way, who really wishes her heel was feeling better so she could play during practice and score a lot of goals against a bunch of eight year olds. In the most extremely pathetic way possible, it's like reliving her glory days.

8 comments:

Jen said...

Way to go Eva on your soccer game! It's amazing what a little power snooze can do for you. I try to take one whenever I can, too.

Julie said...

haha...nice pics!

Did y'all have fun at that secret place after I left?!

carlen said...

would the assistant coach happen to be YOU??? too sweet! i can hardly stand still while i watch my kids' soccer games . . . i'm dying to get out there and KICK THAT BALL!!!

Sheri Willardson said...

I wish I had time for a little power nap....

Eva is a sweetie!! I love it when our kids try and convince us they are not tired.

Kelly said...

Way to get that power nap in Eva! Also- I went private... e-mail me and I will invite ya to my blog...
kellyarbonne@msn.com

Anonymous said...

I once slam dunked a nerf ball into a little tyke basketball hoop against my 1 year old son.

he had no chance.

it felt pretty amazing.

nevadanista said...

Could be Carlen ;-) I also know the assistant coach actually re-aggravated her plantar fasciitis while practicing with said team, an injury that was originally sustained while racing Eva to the car three years ago, and trying to hold her clogs on with tightly curled toes at top speed - she has issues!

Jen H said...

I love the power nap photos! TOo funny!