Wishful Thinking

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mission Accomplished

My mission to return hot merchandise using option two was easily and expertly executed! Either I'm really good, or Petco gives a lot of five finger discounts. But I think the latter is the case, so head on down there if you've been low on funds and need some pet supplies, or even a pet. You could probably grab a leash on aisle 3, meander your way over to the puppies, hook up your puppy of choice to your new leash, and walk right out. I can't imagine anyone would stop you. If your dog starts making yellow spots all over your lawn though, I don't think we can help out too much. There's really not much you can do about that problem. But I did see some crazy lady's post about her solution to the dead spots on her lawn here.

***************************************

Palin for Prez

Gloria Steinem wrote today that "Palin shares nothing but a chromosome with Clinton". YAY, that's excellent news, and a fantastically wonderful unintended compliment Gloria!!!! I'm not a John McCain fan, and I initially had a negative reaction to his VP pick, but have since changed my mind, BIG TIME. Plus, her youngest daughter knows how to get the job done too.

10 comments:

Devon said...

I have heard about Petco's lack return on stolen merchandise policy. We had friends that got tired of their beta fish, so returned it to the shelf in its little cup, and no one was the wiser. Makes you kind of scared to get pets there!

Iverson Family said...

I am not the biggest supporter of Macain. He was like my last pick in the primary's...but he is growing on me. And Sara ROCKED last night. She is quit the little fire cracker isn't she. Since I didn't know anyhting about her I was worried that she won't be able to hold her own, and what do you know...she is a powerhouse! I am so excited for November!

Randi said...

I'm actually excited about the election now. WOW.

Harlene said...

I was a little apathetic about this election, but now, I think my husband may leave me for her!

Julie said...

Not a big McCain fan...but what a SMART choice he made in VP!! Could have done without all of the trash-talking...but loved the spit shine that the baby got!! GIANT LOL on the couch! I bet Tina Fey is biting at the bit to have her elected as VP so Tina can guest on SNL!!!! (5 minute make-up job at the most!)

Jenn G. said...

Wow, thanks for the bad hair day tip, Piper! Are you going to join the Jamie Spears fan club too?! :-)

nevadanista said...

No jenn g. What are you smoking tonight? Jamie Lynn Spears' mother is also the mother of Britney Spears, and that's a whole nuther story. And I didn't join the Bristol Palin fan club either(although she seems like a nice girl, who unfortunately got herself into some trouble with a really cute boy, which sometimes happens in nice families), I joined the Sarah Palin fan club.

Jenn G. said...

I didn't inhale whatever I was schmokin'!

J-Lo said...

Definitely the hightlight of the convention was seeing the ol' spit shine. Dave Letterman was talking about Palin and said, "She looks like she should be a model for Lens Crafters." I couldn't agree more!

After seeing the McCain intro video I feel bad about making fun of how he waves to people. It is pretty amusing, though.

nevadanista said...

Devon, I love that Beta Story :D

I'm so glad to hear you're not strung out jenn g!

I've heard that Tina Faye comparison a few places now. Very true. She's like a Tina Faye Lens Crafters model, and probably with a concealed weapon somewhere on her person.

I missed the McCain intro. I have to look for it.