Wishful Thinking

Monday, September 22, 2008

Week 1, Part 1 - Dancing With The Stars

Is anybody else watching this? Here are my thoughts, because I know you're just dying to read them.

Cloris Leachman was a rock star! I voted about 20 times for her. How the heck did she get her leg up on the judges table like that? She'd better get the same treatment Marie Osmond did, and stay on longer than she should!!! The not very funny comedian should definitely go home first. I don't care how he dances tomorrow.

Warren Sapp danced to one of my favorite Stevie Wonder songs 'Do I Do' which was fun, and Maurice Green danced to 'Are You My Woman' by The Chi-Lites, which is the song Beyonce ripped off for 'Crazy In Love'. You can depend on me to bring you the best in useless information/music trivia (I have a particular love and passion for finding out who ripped off whose music). I didn't figure that one out on my own though - a friend clued me in a while back. And so I pass it along to you now, because I knew you'd want to know :)

Kind of a pathetic recap, huh? None of the other dancers really mattered to me much at this point. It was all kind of of the same stuff. But Susan Lucie sure has had some good 'work' done.


MusicPlaylist

6 comments:

Devon said...

Yeah, another Dancing with the Stars friend! I agree, Cloris Leachman was the bomb! I have never laughed so hard! Susan Lucci says she is nothing like Erica Caine, but I didn't see that! We will have to see how this plays out....

Camille said...

It was also interesting for me to see Lacey Schwimmer as one of the new professionals. She was in the top 4 dancers on So You Think You Can Dance two seasons ago, and she's mormon, though you wouldn't know it looking at her...
and who thinks the model that just had a baby a few months ago had a tummy tuck for the show? Seriously! Four babies and she looks like that?! There had to have been some nipping and tucking involved.

Jenn G. said...

I think most of the dancers were pretty lame. Lame enough to make me feel like I could go on there, if I were a star, and shake my booty. I for one am a Cloris Leachman fan. We need to show tv land that it doesn't matter how old you are, you still got the stuff. I think her "stuff" was real too, unlike the mommy of 4's goods. Ha!

Greg and Sariah said...

Okay was Cloris drunk? Cuz I couldn't stop laughing at her!!! Hilarious. I hope she doesn't go home. She's entertaining. But I like Lance Bass because I was such an NSYNC fan. But I don't think it's fair when they have dance history like he does. He's already amazing. I will be checking your blog often for your inputs on this sow. It's one of my favs and I didn't watch it last season because all the stars were lame. So this one seems interesting. Father vs. son, bro vs. sis, olympian vs. olympian. exciting!

nevadanista said...

Yay! I'm glad you're all out there.

I don't remember which dancer Lacey Schwimmer was Camille, but I'll pay attention tonight. Okay, that model made me a little sick. Please let someone confirm to me that she's had more than her boobs done :D It won't be fair if she's never had a tummy tuck.
You know Julianne and Dereck Hough are LDS don't you?

Yeah, I think Cloris has real 'stuff' too!

I was kind of too old to catch onto the N'SYNC thing, so Lance doesn't do that much for me, but I'm very happy for you Sariah :)

Maybe we could do this like a book group, and we can rotate the recap. Does anyone want to volunteer for next week, and then we'll come to your blog for conversation?

Go Frau Blucher!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy Mama said...

I feel so out of the loop- I am going to have to tune in!!