Wishful Thinking

Monday, September 22, 2008

Mountain Pose Mastery

As part of my reverse pregnancy plan (see sidebar baby widget explanation), I've started to exercise, but at home, because I have to get into a little bit better shape before I go back to the gym (it's the same concept as cleaning the house before the housekeeper comes (not that I have a housekeeper, but if I did, I would clean the toilets before he/she came)).

But, since I'm suffering at the moment from plantar fasciitis, I have to take it easy on the foot pounding, so I did yoga today at home with Rodney Yee. I'm so proud and happy to report that, incredibly, I've already mastered the mountain pose, as seen below. Can you believe it?

It's kind of surprising, but I can actually hold this position a super long time and still breathe properly.

11 comments:

Devon said...

Go Rachel! I'm rooting for you! And no, I don't have a baby widget, but I am grateful!

Jen H said...

Way to go. Now you can move onto even more difficult poses like 'forward bend' or 'warrior pose'.

Jen said...

WOW! So impressive - you go girl! My personal favorite pose is savasana. (Basically, you lie down on your back and go to sleep.....)

Anonymous said...

i do yoga!! :)

Sheri Willardson said...

Good job-I love yoga, and its harder than it looks! Keep up the good work!

Beeswax said...

Yoga is super fun. I wish that I would go to my gym and stop blogging for a minute.

nevadanista said...

Jen, you're a woman after my own heart! I'm all about the savasana. I roll over onto my right side afterwards really well too. I'm all about a strong start and strong finish when it comes to yoga. What happens in between, not so much ;-)

Thanks for all your support peeps! Send me your good karma tomorrow at about 9 am, and I may be able to get a leg into a forward lunge without hoisting it forward with my arm :)

Julie said...

thanks for starting my morning with a good laugh!! (with my kids running up behind me...what?? what??...they just WOULDN'T get it!) I'm all about the cleaning before the cleaning woman (IF I had one!) & agree with the gym thing too!! We are so messed up in the brain!

Harlene said...

Between you and Jen I am ready for yoga now. Actually I was thinking my belly dancing class is kind of like yoga for people with ADD.

Do you have a cute outfit and mat too?

nevadanista said...

I have a mat Harlene, but I wouldn't say my outfit is cute. Or maybe it's just that I don't look cute in it - yet. That will come it time. I plan on becoming a total yoga snob. When I reach yoga snob nirvana by being able to do the flying crow pose...actually, maybe I should just work on moving my leg into a forward lunge properly...but anyway, when I become a yoga snob, I'll have all kinds of fabulous yoga outfits for each day of the week, and I'll have a super cool homemade hippie-ish mat carrier from Etsy. Or two. Or three. Or four. Does that answer your question?

J-Lo said...

I always thought my inability to touch my toes without bending my knees to a 90 degree angle precluded me from being a yoga snob. But I might be able to handle a pose like that one:)

Love the reverse pregnancy concept. I actually opted to not include a baby widget on my blog until it stopped looking like an alien b/c it sort of creeped me out.