After not seeing any for a couple months, the wild horses came back to the the hills east of Damonte Ranch in full force about two weeks ago. I thought maybe they'd gone to the glue factory. One evening we walked to the park in the late evening with my in-laws, and from there spied several groups near the lone white house on the hill. Joanie (my wonderful new mother in-law) and I decided to drive over and take a look. We had no idea we were in for a wild horse showdown!!! There was a group to the left of the house that decided to come down the corral area, and a group to the right. One of the stallions from the group to the right was having none of their encroaching on his territory, or his lucky ladies, and went over to take care of business! And he did!!! He confronted the opposing stallion, had a little smack-down, and effectively drove the other group away. Of course I had my camera with me :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I deleted my post because I didn't see that sneak attack bid--Drat!
Those are some great pics. Liked your comment on Cjane a few days ago...:)
Awesome Rach....... You do the best..!! And again thanks for taking me.... and letting me share the moment.. It was fabulous...!!
Loved the music to it..!!
Post a Comment