Wishful Thinking

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tag - I Really Love Being Named On Favorite Celebrity Lists

I was tagged by Harlene, who listed me as one of her favorite celebrities, so how could I resist? Here are 7 things about me, or something like that:

7 things that attract me to the opposite sex-

1. taller than me

2. makes up super absurd lyrics and sings them badly in place of real lyrics

3. smells like freshly cut grass and gasoline

4. wears the same thing everyday

5. has the kind of humor only I understand

6. doesn't give me grief when I spend money

7. takes me out to dinner and a concert, and then a walk to find dessert (or another dinner) in a small out of the way cafe where a jazz band is playing, and then back to the hotel...

7 favorite foods-

1. El Pollo Loco #2, with salad & cilantro dressing and pinto beans

2. Steak

3. Pizza

4. Delicious salads

5. Keva Kolada from Keva Juice

6. Chicken Scaloppine

7. Strawberries & cream - the real thing

7 things I can't do-

1. keep the house picked up

2. keep the house picked up

3. keep the house picked up

4. keep the house picked up

5. keep the house picked up

6. keep the house picked up

7. stop blogging

7 things I can do-

1. find a long lost relative with a misspelled and or poorly handwritten name on ANY census record (if he/she is on it). ANY I tell you - I'm that good. I'm a name whisperer (oh, except for Joseph Schindler, who immigrated from Russia and settled in St. Paul, Minnesota - I can't find him, but that's probably because the 1890 US Census went up in smoke - a genuine tragedy). Okay, that was kind of hyperbolic, but I am pretty good at it. It's one of the few things I can truly brag about, but I rarely get the chance - plus I'm too modest to boast ;-)

2. Body surf - no longer a pretty sight, but you don't have to look.

3. name that tune

4. remember what song was on the radio when [insert event, time and place], and what I was wearing when [insert event, time and place]. But don't expect me to remember anything I go to the store for.

5. read anywhere - in the front seat, in the back seat, while stopped at a light or a stop sign (in the driver's seat), with noisy kids, with quiet kids, with music or the television on, with music or the television off, in the theater before a movie begins or in a restaurant, and in a box and with a fox.

6. speak German. I use the word 'speak' here loosely though, because I'm very out of practice, and whenever I get the chance to speak it, I get all über-verklemft and then say very little. BUT, I can still read and understand it pretty well, so as to make people who don't know any German, think I'm super smart and fluent. But now that Laura, one of my mission companions, who happened to be the best German speaking missionary, excepting those missionaries from German speaking countries, is a sometime reader here, I won't be trying to impress. I will surely screw up all my reflective pronouns and adjective endings - and everything else too :) Schöne Grüße aus Reno Laura!

7. waste time like nobody's business!

7 celebrities I admire ('admire' being a relative term in this case) - these are a few who popped into my head. I admire low-key celebrities who mostly stay out of the tabloids. But then I always forget who they are, because they're not always in the tabloids. But here are a few

1. Jack Johnson, seems like a nice family guy

2. Andy McDowell, I've always liked her a lot, although I really don't know anything about her, which may be why I like her a lot

3. Van Morrison, it's his way or the highway. He only does what he wants to and doesn't care about grinding out the hits, or having work done - which is obvious. Mostly, he's a grouchy old man, but I can't help but admire his snubbing of all things he doesn't like.

4. Jennifer Garner - down to earth

5. India.Arie - love her down to earth vibe and positiveness. Her live show was a spiritual experience

6. Keith Urban - yes, I know he used to hit the crack pipe on a regular basis, but he seems to have overcome it for the moment- hopefully forever. But when we saw him at the Arco Arena and he stayed out on the catwalk signing autographs and shaking hands with fans after all the houselights were on, all the other musicians had left the stage and the roadies were cleaning up, my already won over heart was won over even a little bit more - and I was already completely smitten like never before!!!

**********************************************

It's very late, and I don't have much to say about Dancing With The Stars - well I do actually, I just don't feel like saying it. Tonight I just wanted to write about me. ME, ME, ME, Me ;-) But I was very excited that they played one of my favorite songs, although not very well, and it was Kim Kardashian's choice, but that's beside the point. It gives me the chance to post it for all to enjoy, because I know you'll want to hear the real version since I said it's one of my favorite songs. And what are blogs anyway, if not somewhat self-indulgent? :)

You Give Me Something - James Morrison

10 comments:

Julie said...

but...but...I depend on YOU for my Dancing with the Stars opinion-that-matters!!

Laura said...

You flatter me, Rachel! If only my German were as good as it was back in the day. Leider . . . . But hey, thanks for remembering what used to be. :-)

Jenn G. said...

You're my celebrity too...can I have your autograph next time I'm in town?
It was great to see you! You have to take photos of yourself. I had a friend that died in a car accident and they used her 19'ish glamour shot for her memorial. That was all that they had! Every year I take a good photo of myself just in case. Ha!

Harlene said...

Thanks for playing along. I can't go by an El Pollo Loco with out thinking of you and Sophie!

Anonymous said...

you forgot to mention your 7th fav celebertie........Nick Jonas....duh

nevadanista said...

You're welcome Harlene, but I realized later that I left out at least one category - things you say most often. But that's for the best I think.

I wanted to live up to my new celebrity status, so last night I went clubbing in Vegas and got a DUI. I don't want to let my fans down - I did it all for you!

Jenn g, I'm definitely requesting my youthful 19 year old photo be on my funeral program. I know just the one I want. I was 20 actually. Thanks for helping me plan ahead! Ella and Matt, it's the portrait of me in black (my mom and Janene will know which one it is), which just also happens to be perfect for the occasion.

Dancing With The Stars - a belated and short re-cap (just for you Julie):

Kim Kardashian - still only famous for being famous (in an infamous way, but let's not go there).

Jessica Simpson - Jessica and her microphone, there are no words. I've already said enough.

Glad Cloris Leachman toned it down a notch. Love her so much, but I think it's been a while since she had so much attention.

Misty May-Treanor - Oh so severe looking. Please soften yourself a bit next week. Was getting a little scared. But LOVED seeing a tiny glimpse of the Manhattan Beach Pier, my childhood stomping grounds. My heart skipped a beat.

Anonymous said...

You had me at El Pollo Loco.

oh and that you can't stop blogging (and can't keep the house clean :)

Thanks for the recap of DWTS also (although I felt a little guilty for reading since it was for Julie's eyes only)

Jenn G. said...

You need to post your 20'ish photo!
I'm waiting to hear what you have to say about the "debate" tonight...

carlen said...

you are a HOOT!!! LOVE your answers. i just got tagged with a similar version of this one and now i just want to post a link to your answers! laughing so hard i have to go to the bathroom now!!!

nevadanista said...

Link away Carlen! Consider yourself tagged again - I forgot to tag people too. Plus, I'm going to finish the two categories I forgot about...