Wishful Thinking

Thursday, October 2, 2008

As Per Your Request

jenn g. said in the comments of the last post:

"You need to post your 20'ish photo!"

How did jenn g. and I get on the subject of funeral program photos anyway? Well I'm glad we did, because I've inspired myself to go to spin class at the gym tomorrow. I want my dimples back!!! But ouch...I'm already feeling the pain of my no longer accustomed to the bike seat rear end. Mommy!

But back to my 20'ish picture. This was in December of 1989, so I was just shy of 21. Wouldn't it be lovely on my funeral program? Maybe along with an up-to-date photo-shopped photo of my choosing? I'm gonna get to work on that once I get my dimples back, and I'm gonna photo-shop myself the whitest teeth you've ever seen :)

While I was looking for my 20'ish picture, I found these two gems, which I post here for two reasons. First reason - my legs. Check 'em out!

Second reason - in 1980 I was totally rockin' the Sphinx look!

****************************************

Meanwhile, back to the present. We have a future fashion icon in the making here in our midst. Ella accents this charming Harris Tweed Fidel cap beautifully with black 'Hannah Montana 3-D Movie', 3-D movie glasses, sans the 3-D lenses. Coming to a playground near you...keep an eye out.

And some extraordinary news from the dentist today (besides her clean bill of health)...Ella does not have wisdom teeth!!!

12 comments:

Julie said...

NO WAY!!!! NO wisdom teeth??!!! Ella...you rock! (Scott had two EXTRA ones!)

love the 20ish pic! H-O-T HOT!

I think I'll just take a picture of a pink carnation and have that be my picture...lol!

Sphynx totally made me laugh!

Heather said...

Absolutely LOVE the pictures of your "youth"! I look back at my pictures and always ask "what was I thinking?" I like to say that my hair was totally in style back then. :)

Laura said...

Lovely photo. You're brave for sharing!

Lucky, lucky Ella!

Devon said...

So much for all that wisdom she imparts!=)

Harlene said...

LOVE the pics!

Ella, you should get to pocket the money you saved your folks by not needing your wisdom teeth out.
Just a thought:)

Jen said...

Love the pics!

I think we must have shopped at the same stores in our youth - and same hairstylist. (Maybe we were separated at birth.....)

Jenn G. said...

Rachel, why is your hair blonde now? :-)You don't look too much different now...just dye yyou still have the cute dimples!
Love the "look", poofy hair, it was cool!
Yes, I agree,you need to give Ella a payback....we just spent thousands of dollars getting wisdom teeth removed!
I'm still waiting on you Palin commentary.

carlen said...

Great pics! Yes, those were the days of sexy soccer legs. Maybe when my body is "made perfect"!!!

Lucky Ella! And my daughter Chloe loves to sport lens-less glasses too! she even writes poems and made-up songs about getting to wear real glasses one day! LOL

nevadanista said...

I think a tour of Europe, researching the locations and origins of her ancestors by pouring over original records in dark church basements, is just the thing Ella would want to do as a reward for not having wisdom teeth. Of course, I could be persuaded to go along and provide support, but only if she insists. Don't you think she'd want to do that? ;-)

Anonymous said...

i would support going to Australia more but a London shopping spree sounds goood too.

Anonymous said...

Man I just have this awesome vision of you shaking your hair around and all the guys stopped dead in their tracks. very beautiful!

J-Lo said...

I'm in favor of a mother-daughter family history adventure in celebration of no wisdom teeth. I took a trip alone with my mom after grad school and i have the BEST memories. Check with Ella to make sure dingy church basements are her thing, though;)