Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Rogue Photo Links - A Cautionary Tale
Last night I almost died of intense mortification. Dead. On. The. Floor. Right here at my computer. What happened was that I had googled a photo of a mask, and linked it to a word in my last post. When I checked the link with the preview feature a couple times before I posted it, it worked fine, except that I did lose what I had just written, between making the link and checking it both times, and had to go back and re-write what I'd lost. It never occurred to me though, that this was an obvious clue of it being a rogue photo. It was 'masked'. But otherwise, everything was fine. Anyway, I finally managed to finish (because I didn't check it again) and posted it. I looked at my newly posted post to check for errors (I always find several) and decided to click on my link again. That's when I almost fell off the chair DEAD. Up popped porn in my face. I'm no connoisseur of porn (understatement of the year), but I can tell you that this wasn't ordinary. It was...I can't even say it. It was horrendous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I quickly scrambled to get to my editing screen and had it down within a minute of posting, so hopefully no one decided to check me out during that 60 seconds. If so, I apologize!
People, check your links after posting! Especially if you have heart problems. And feel free to link this post on your blogs to let others know, then check it of course.
But I will leave you with something uplifting. Something lovely and of good report - a link (I will be checking it) to my favorite nie nie post, which was re-posted on her blog a couple days ago. If you don't know the nie nie story, click on the recovery link on her page, because I don't feel like recounting it right now, and you probably already know about it anyway. But here it is.
Oh, and sorry if I haven't notified you of your tag yet. It was because of my near death experience, and now I'm going to the gym. Will get to it later. Ciao for now peeps :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Oh my! I think I would have had a heart attack, too! And it is good to know that I am not the only one who still finds errors AFTER I have published my post. Sheez! Anyway, thanks for your comments on my blog but I have to confess--I come out Elinor Dashwood also. However, I thought the photo of Jennifer Ehle as Elizabeth was more appealing so I changed my answers so I would come out as her. Evil, aren't I?
Holy Cow!! I would have had a heart attack too!! But lets just laugh about it now. The funny thing is I always check my post afterwards to check spelling too! I hope I never find that!!
Well, I'm glad I wasn't scouring your post during those 60 seconds. Thanks for the warning.
scary business! Thanks for the warning...and for checking (that's something I did NOT need/want to see!!!)
I'm so excited about Nie's recovery...things are looking up, up, UP!
Scary how easy it is to access porn. I have typed words in wrong and pulled up some crazy things before. Good thing you got it fixed-and thanks for the warnings!
Post a Comment