Wishful Thinking

Thursday, October 9, 2008

See Ella Run

Ella just finished her first season of cross country. She made us proud for several reasons:

  • She tried it (it was her own idea), even though she didn't like running
  • She didn't complain or ask to quit when she was tired and sore the first week
  • She ended up actually liking it
  • She only called me twice to bring her shoes that she had forgotten for practice
  • She is making healthy choices and kind of inspiring me
  • She's awesome!
  • 11 comments:

    Julie said...

    Ella is my new hero...I HATE running & I am now officially inspired by her that I need to move my body even if I don't like to.

    (And what's with freezing the movie with her head like that??? I can hear it now....mOOOOOm!!!!)

    Anonymous said...

    alrighty then

    nevadanista said...

    I took that video with my regular camera, and you can snap pictures while filming, which is why see is frozen a couple times.

    Jen said...

    Congratulations Ella! That's so awesome! I can see why your parents (and a lot of other people) are so proud of you - you rock!

    Laura said...

    Fab! I admire people who can run. I mean, I can run. If I have to. Because a large, rapid animal is chasing me. Or a spider. So I guess what I mean is, I admire people who choose to run for no apparent reason.

    More simply: Good job, Ella!

    Devon said...

    Go Team Ella! Congrats for finishing the season! Maddy is cheering for you too!

    Brittany Wagner said...

    GO ELLA!! That is so awesome don't ever give it up!!

    Brittany Wagner said...

    Congrats on your little dinosaur!!! You got me really excited for a minute!!

    Reno 411 said...

    Way to go Ella!!! You were great. Those long legs were moving fast. If you ever wants a running partner I am totally looking for one. I loved cross country in high school, I wasn't any good, but it kept me in shape and I could eat what I wanted. Ahh those were the days. BTW, I love the music choice.

    J-Lo said...

    That's awesome. How long was the run?

    nevadanista said...

    It was under a mile, not very far, but that hill looked like a killer!