Saturday, October 4, 2008
As Per Your Request, Part 2
jenn g said in the comments from the last post:
"I'm still waiting on your Palin commentary."
Oh yeah. I was so distracted and carried away with my legs, hair, and cute self last night, that I completely forgot all about Sarah Palin.
Well, I was so pleased with her highlights! I'm glad she's staying away from the ever increasingly popular chunky zebra stripe look. As a woman of 'maturing age', and as a VP candidate, understated highlights are the perfect choice.
What kind of lipstick does she use anyway? I can never get mine to stay on that long. The color choice was impeccable, as was her classy/sassy black business suit with accenting elegant, yet toned down earrings. Her ability to edit her style flawlessly is obvious - brevity being the guiding principle.
In comedy, timing is essential. An ill timed punchline can often deflate the impact and humor of an otherwise knee-slapping joke (as the author well knows). Unsurprisingly, the same holds true with the political debate wink. If performed too often, too soon, or with too much force, a debate wink can be falsely interpreted as anything from elitist condescension, to a 'hint hint', or to a stigmatism. But if done at just the exact right moment, with just the exact right accompanying half smile, a debate wink can become even more persuasive than the actual words coming out of a politician's mouth. Let's just say Sarah Palin 'got her wink on' last night, and to great effect! Know what I'm sayin' dawg? After only two winks, she could have said she wanted to reinstate the death tax, nationalize health care with Hilary, or have Bill Clinton as her intern for all I cared.
So, for all of those incredibly substantive reasons - the hair, the wardrobe, the make-up and the winks, Sarah Palin was the hands down winner for me.
And I didn't even need the filter of the main stream media's psychobabble to tell me all that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Wink, wink;)
The wink is the new ditto!
I like how she seems to be relatable - a normal, down-to-earth kind of gal who's a straight shooter instead of a seasoned politician.
She does have great hair & make-up, which of course is vital. And I totally agree with the wink. What other VP candidate could pull that off - not Joe Biden for sure!
Hilarious! I'm not surprised though. You had me at "Time waster and procrastinator extraordinaire. If only I could find a way to clean the house, exercise, and make money while wasting time" LOL How did you read my mind?
Thank you for your take on the Posh Palin. I loved how she didn't even miss a beat when asked about the definition of marriage.
Say what dawg? Do you even wear lipstick?!
Let me think of another request...
get your daughter a spelling tutor. wink wink!
See what I mean! My lipstick comes right off - can't keep it on.
I actually haven't seen the entire debate because we were at soccer practice. I've gone on youtube and watched most of it though. Loved what she said about the marriage issue! I couldn't agree with her more.
I showed Ella where the google spell check button is yesterday. But I'm afraid she inherited her lack of spelling skillz from me :) Did you know that I suffered writers block my entire life, until google added spell check on its toolbar? This is true. My fingers have been loosed, and I never thought it possible! I'm a terrible speller, and I end up having gobs of scribbled out words on most everything I hand write. I throw out most of my first and second tries, then become super frustrated, and end up not finishing what I had set out to write. Aaaah, but spell check has given me new life! But I'm in excellent company. Did you know F. Scoot Fitzgerald was a terrible speller too? It's true, he was - and yes, I'm placing myself on par with F. Scott Fitzgerald. Aside from my gender and sobriety, how are we different in our writing styles?
Okay, don't answer that. His notoriously poor spelling has always made me feel better though :) And now Ella can find comfort in the knowledge as well.
Hey Natalie, we must be kindred spirits!
I thought Sarah did a great job at the debate, and she really is the more personable choice. I think you have GREAT reasons for supporting her. :)
Did you check out the SNL spoof on the debate??? I laughed SOOOO hard!
http://tv.yahoo.com/saturday-night-live/show/194/videos/10037417
I agree!!
Post a Comment