Last Thursday was 80's day at school, but Ella didn't get enough of those leg warmers during the day, so she wore them all afternoon and evening, and maybe to bed too - I'm not sure.
The lense-less Hannah Montana 3D glasses make an appearance at Sophie's favorite restaurant.
Sophie tries out a menacing flour tortilla Jason mask.
And now I'm waxing nostalgic over our many tender memories at El Pollo Loco. There were the 3 or 4 times after they changed the rice recipe that we had to comfort Sophie. She was devastated that her favorite of all treats was no more. It was strange when we were there one day, and she refused to eat her rice. Sometimes El Pollo Loco rice was the first thing she would ask for upon waking - even before saying hello or good morning she would say, "I want El Poco Loco rice." Whenever anyone asked what her favorite food was, she always said El Poco Loco (her preferred pronunciation) rice, without hesitation. So, when she wouldn't eat it that day, I knew something was wrong. After trying for a while to get her to hurry up and eat, I noticed the coloring of the rice was somewhat different, so when I went up to refresh my diet, I asked about the rice. Sure enough, they had changed the recipe. When I told her the sad news she cried like a baby :( It was truly heart breaking. The next few times we went, she asked for the rice and had to be reminded that she didn't like it anymore. The reminder caused tears for the next few visits, and Ella and Eva were so nice to comfort her. Fortunately, she's since discovered Creamy Cilantro dressing.
Then there was the time I dared Ella to eat to the cooked jalapeno pepper that came on her salad. She did it for $10, and it wasn't that bad for her (she loves hot food). But then Sophie went to the salsa bar and grabbed a raw one, and I bet her another $10 (probably not one of my best parenting moments). She ate half of it. We weren't quite a mile from El Pollo Loco when she said I needed to get her to a bathroom fast. She didn't throw up though, and was fine within the hour :) Sophie and Eva were super supportive and comforting.
Then there were all the times that Eva refused to order anything because she wanted to go somewhere else, but then ended up eating all my beans and tortillas before finally ordering something half way through our meal. Good times!
**********************************************************
I'm going to make this easy on myself and tag the first seven commenters. jenn g doesn't count though since she is the one who tagged me, and she also tagged Carlen. So here are the lucky taggees (or unlucky, depending on how you look at it) Shellie, Jen, Julie, Harlene, J-Lo, Devon, Allison So get crack-a-lackin' people (except for Jen, because I haven't done her tag yet)! Oh, and a bonus tag Laura

9 comments:
I'm a little lost on what to do? I know I got tagged. but I don't know if it was freeze tag? or cartoon tag? or just plain tag?
help a woman out!
oh oh oh I see the last post... and you were procrastinating tagging people. man way to wake me up in the morning and get my brain working. :)
p.s. I love el poco loco :)
and I think you are a cool mom for betting your kids to eat hot stuff!
I was a little frightened of the leg warmers...soooooo glad you explained!!!! What with leg warmers, the side pony tail, giant glasses, & Thriller on your tunes I thought I had woken up in the 80's (not exactly an era that we need to relive!!!)
So this is the thanks I get for being one of your avid readers, huh? Do you know you're actually the first person (to my knowledge) to ever tag me...and hopefully the last:) I'll see what I can come up with after I finish painting the baby's crib!
Wait, technically you didn't follow all the rules b/c you didn't leave a comment on my blog letting me know I was tagged. Does that mean i don't have to do it? If you're going to leave a comment click on a few of my google ads while you're at it so I feel better about things:)
Dang! I was feeling so smug about not being tagged. And then I scrolled down. You got me!!!
Well, I'll have to come up with some more quirks. I'm just so normal. Ha!
I have an El Pollo Loco memory with Sophie too. She would tell us she went there yesterday in circle time EVERY day. I kept trying to help her with the concept of yesterday being a distinct day, until I realized she was probably telling it exactly the way it happened.
MISS HER!
Boy Rachel, I'm feeling like I really missed out when I lived in Reno and never went to Pollo Loco! Next time I vist we're going there, Miss Crackin'-A-Lackin!
Loved the Leg warmers!!! Good Times!
Deal jenn g!
In my defense for taking Sophie to El Poco Loco so often, it was on the way to speech therapy at UNR after school :) Plus, how can you refuse Sophie her favorite rice when she asks for it first thing in the morning, and likes it more than candy? That made me laugh though Harlene. Kids unwittingly reveal a lot about their parents.
Post a Comment