Today we honor Eva on her 9th birthday!
Here are some things you may not know about her
She came equipped with her own internal GPS system. From an early age, she's been able to navigate her way around town from the backseat. For instance, let's say we're going to Target, but on the way I decide to go to El Pollo Loco first, which means that I would need to stay on the freeway a few exists longer. The very instant the car doesn't veer to the right to take the Neil Rd exit, she knows it and will say, "I thought we were going to Target?" This will happen without fail, because she's clever that way.
She also knows where she's been, even if it was only once, while she was sleeping in the backseat, in the dark, at a roadside rest stop where we stopped so I could use the restroom. The next time we pass said rest stop, she will inevitably say something like, "isn't this the place we stopped five years ago, to let Mom go to the bathroom, while I was sleeping in the backseat, and it was dark out, and before I fell asleep we were eating Skittles?"
Sometimes we like to quiz her on directions. About two or three years ago, we were sitting in the brand new Taco Bell on South Meadows. It was dark out, and it was our first time there. We asked her to point in the direction of random locations like, Utah, Grandpa's house, Janene's house, the church, Target, Walmart, Lake Tahoe, downtown, etc.. Out of about 25 questions, she only got one wrong.
She has excellent hearing. Like the Bionic Woman, she can tune into sounds normal people can't hear or don't notice. She's especially good at hearing what music is softly playing in stores and restaurants over lots of noise, and telling me one of my favorite songs is on. One of my proudest moments as a mother happened at Swensen's with Trisha and her kids, when, over all the ice-cream noise and chatter, she heard Janis Joplin and declared, "Mom, your favorite Janis Joplin song is on." I've never been more proud ;-)
She's an excellent big sister! She watches out for Sophie at school, picks her up at her class to walk to the bus together, and then sits with her everyday. She helps Sophie with things she has trouble doing in a sweet and loving way. She protects her.
She learned how to ride a bike in less than five minutes.
She likes to talk a lot in school (hmmm, wonder who she got that from), but works really hard on paying attention and only talking when she should - or at least keeping it on the down low ;-)
Things you probably already know about her
She's a social butterfly
She's a loyal friend
She's kind
She's funny
She's fun
She's feisty
She's got a powerful set of lungs - I'm talkin' Powerful!
She's independent
She's moody!
She's clever
She's an excellent student
She's sensitive
She's loved ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
15 comments:
Happy Birthday Eva! If only you could share that sense of direction with Michael!
Happy Birthday Eva! You sound like a great girl. and that gift of self navigation is a gift. Don't let it go to waste!
Happy Birthday Eva...what a gem you are!
Hope you all had a great day celebrating what sounds like a great girl! Hurray for October girls!
She is a sweetie-I have to admit, she's one of my best piano students because she listens very intently to what I am telling her. Happy Birthday to Eva!
Happy birthday, Eva! You're such a cutie!
Happy Birthday to our sweet Eva.... We will see you this weekend..!! Love you bunches Grandpa and Joanie
I'm very jealous of her build in GPS. I have the exact opposite so I have to use an actual GPS to go places that I've been a million times before.
Happy Birthday to Eva!
Rachel, thanks for noticing my GoogleAds. I thought it was worth a try to see if I can justify the time I spend blogging instead of being gainfully employed. If you ever put ads on your blog, I promise to click on them:)
Gosh she is so beautiful! She is always so friendly and sweet! Happy Birthday Eva!
I am definitely related to your friend Trisha. Her husband is my brother:)
what a sweet post! she's beautiful, too! HBD EVA!!! i don't have a GPS-daughter so i had to go out and buy one (a GPS that is)!
I love her name. She's a beautiful girl and sounds like she's a wonderful daughter.
My kids also have great memories. My favorite, "Hey, Mom, remember when you rode on the Indian Jones ride at Disneyland and got sick and barfed in that garden area?" Then whenever we're in Disneyland they all have to point to the exact place and yell it all over again. Yeah, love their memory capability.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVA!! I Miss you!! (From Emerson)
Eva Happy Birthday - I have always loved your spunk!
Wow!! Where did that Sunbeam go. It does'nt seem that long ago she was the cutie pie in my class.
Happy Birthday Eva!!
Karen
Post a Comment