This song came on in the car tonight, and it reminded me that Matt thinks it's an awesome idea for Gladys Knight to sing this at a church fireside - I have to agree! I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, and with every fiber of my being, that I would have a totally super spiritual experience if I could be there on the front pew if she ever did.
*******************************************************
Any of you Amazing Race fans who think you're going to beat Ella and me to win the million dollars, check this out! We're already in training. Be ye therefore warned...
Ella on the right
Ella will be doing all the daredevil stuff remember, so I guess it's actually just her in training at the moment (with our neighbor Brittany), but nevertheless - be ye therefore still warned...
From the Ultimate Rush website: Combine sky diving, bungee jumping and hang-gliding. We hoist you along with one or two of your friends to the top of our 180 foot skycoaster where you pull the ripcord. You will experience a free fall and then fly thru the air at over 65 mph. Nothing you ever do will be more exciting or create a bigger adrenalin rush. ************************************************** And thanks to Alyson at New England Living for helping me watermark my horse pics! Thanks :) And you should check out her lovely photos, many of which are of cemeteries. Dang I love a good cemetery :D

13 comments:
Don't they make both team members do the daring stuff at some point? Perhaps you should consider some training yourself just in case...maybe in that sling-shot looking thing that's next to the Ultimate Rush. David loves that one.
Your current photo on your title is cracking me up! The "blond" horse in the forefront looks like she has a 70's hairdo and chicken legs like my MIL...round on top held up by skinny little stick legs.
New England has AWESOME cemetaries!! Especially in Salem, MA where they have all of the witch trial victims/persecutors. Also the Sleepy Hollow Cemetary. They get lots of tourists through them too...funny!!!
You were training on how to stand on the sidelines and shout out support. I keep trying to talk Dan into doing that slingshot thing with me - it will never happen. The Amazing Race, however, we've got plans.
I can totally understand being spiritually moved if Gladys Knight sang that song at a fireside. Especially if the bishopric members were her backup singers.
You get me jen! That's why I answered the phone the way I did yesterday.
J-Lo, good point. But there are lots of situations in which only one team member must do something. For all the other times I'm just going to have to wing it, cuz I ain't gettin' on the sling shot unless it's for a million bucks!!! I am going to spin tomorrow however :)
Oh my Julie. Hope your MIL doesn't read my comments :D
I am waiting for the day that I can watch you two on Amazing Race. Uh, but you'd better get on the ball too. Or else you will just be dead weight to your daughter and she'll be on the tv talking about how lame-o you are and how you are dragging her down. Trust me, you don't need that on national tv!
Thanks for the shout-out! My fellow California girl!
Ooo, cemeteries. How many did you wander through in Germany? They have great ones there. I'm really achin' to go to that one in Tonopah now though, since you posted those pictures.
I like your approach to the daredevil stuff: let the kids do it.
And if Gladys actually does a fireside and the bishopric members are the backup singers, let me know. I'm bringin' the fam!
Ella must have got the "daredevil" side from Matt....wonderful song!
That swing was the bomb!hehe thx mama!!
Hey I'm an expert at the Ulitmate Rush-bring it on! :)
I forgot you did that Sheri! Please don't compete against us :)
Oh Laura, now I might have to do just a cemetery post. Won't that be exciting?!!!
I do believe everyday around here is like some sort of "roadblock" or "detour". So your going to have to up your training!
I don't know if you could get the Bishopric doing the whole Pips thing, but I have it on good authority they know most of the words to Barry Manilow.
do you think I should learn to watermark my microsoft paint pictures. like the one of my bra boob and my real boob?
Absolutely I do :)
Post a Comment