I couldn't have asked for a better Twilight experience! It exceeded all my expectations, thanks to some of the best bad acting I've ever seen, too much vampire hair product, lots of Geisha-like white ashen faces against contrasting red lips, Emilie Carpenter sitting next to me with her dry sense of humor, and about 25 great Edward loving ladies. And then Chocolate afterwards! Thanks Sheri for putting it all together! It was SUPER!
And now for my keen observations
Edward - not who I would have chosen for the part. Didn't ever see his chiseled chest. Am I making that up? I swear his chest played a bigger part in the book. But it might be that in my mind I'm rolling all three books into one. His acting was awesomely bad! So bad, that it turned the corner of being annoying, and was instead surprisingly entertaining.
Bella - she was much better in the movie for me than in the book. In the movie, I didn't have to endure her incessant, self-deprecating whining. Self deprecation is sometimes endearing when done with just the right touch of humor, but unfortunately, Stephanie Meyers perfected the other kind of self-deprecation in the book with Bella's character - the cringe worthy/gets old really fast kind. The movie didn't take us into her mind thank goodness, so she wasn't so bad for me. In fact, in the middle of the show, I realized that she looks just like an old friend of mine, and so I liked her even more than I should have.
Some things that bugged
The blue color tones were overwhelming. I wanted to put the film to my PhotoShop and apply some red - except to the vampire lips. Those things needed some blue. This was probably to offset the bad make-up though, like in the Marylin Monroe movie 'Some Like It Hot'. They ended up doing that one in black&white because Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon looked kind of green with their heavy make-up on. Seems like this might have been the same kind of situation
I was pretty sure Edward was going to look like Waterford Crystal when he stepped out in the sunlight, but instead he just looked extremely sweaty. Maybe it was kind of blinged up perspiration, but nothing at all breathtaking.
There was no indication that Bella was intoxicated by Edward's breath. Again, maybe I'm making this up, but I could swear she was about to swoon each time she got a whiff, and overall, I would have to say her weak knees and heart palpitations were sorely lacking. In fact, the only scene that really showed much heat between Edward and Bella was very short lived. Seems like things were finally getting good, and then he thrust himself away from her and against the wall. I didn't get the feeling from the movie at all that she wanted nothing more than for Edward to kill her in a sublime vampire love embrace. I was expecting way more making out, but again, I think I've rolled all three books into one big kiss-fest - mingled with some werewolves and rogue vampires of course.
Oh my goodness! Why am I spending so much time on this??!!
Because I'm L-A-M-E lame, that's why!
But one more thing before I go. I think my favorite part was in the field, after he had revealed his blinged up with glitter perspiring face to her, when they laid down in the grass and gazed at each other. The camera was swirling around them from above, there was awesome accompanying emo music, fast cutaways (even different sized frames if I remember right), and it made me think that maybe I could be a film maker too, if that's all the talent it takes to make a movie that will rake in millions. Is there a film school here in Reno? Someone sign me up, cuz I want to get crackin' on New Moon! I promise to bring on the heat between Jacob and Bella, and then only a few minutes later, Edward and Bella. The scene in which the phone rings will be highly charged!!! You will not have to have read the books to know that she wants them both, needs them both desperately, the way she needs air - with every fiber of her mortal being. I will not disappoint ;-)
*update, the official count by Sariah, the number of seats she saved, was 43!!!
Friday, November 21, 2008
Satisfaction!
I couldn't have asked for a better Twilight experience! It exceeded all my expectations, thanks to some of the best bad acting I've ever seen, too much vampire hair product, lots of Geisha-like white ashen faces against contrasting red lips, Emilie Carpenter sitting next to me with her dry sense of humor, and about 25 great Edward loving ladies. And then Chocolate afterwards! Thanks Sheri for putting it all together! It was SUPER!
And now for my keen observations
Edward - not who I would have chosen for the part. Didn't ever see his chiseled chest. Am I making that up? I swear his chest played a bigger part in the book. But it might be that in my mind I'm rolling all three books into one. His acting was awesomely bad! So bad, that it turned the corner of being annoying, and was instead surprisingly entertaining.
Bella - she was much better in the movie for me than in the book. In the movie, I didn't have to endure her incessant, self-deprecating whining. Self deprecation is sometimes endearing when done with just the right touch of humor, but unfortunately, Stephanie Meyers perfected the other kind of self-deprecation in the book with Bella's character - the cringe worthy/gets old really fast kind. The movie didn't take us into her mind thank goodness, so she wasn't so bad for me. In fact, in the middle of the show, I realized that she looks just like an old friend of mine, and so I liked her even more than I should have.
Some things that bugged
The blue color tones were overwhelming. I wanted to put the film to my PhotoShop and apply some red - except to the vampire lips. Those things needed some blue. This was probably to offset the bad make-up though, like in the Marylin Monroe movie 'Some Like It Hot'. They ended up doing that one in black&white because Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon looked kind of green with their heavy make-up on. Seems like this might have been the same kind of situation
I was pretty sure Edward was going to look like Waterford Crystal when he stepped out in the sunlight, but instead he just looked extremely sweaty. Maybe it was kind of blinged up perspiration, but nothing at all breathtaking.
There was no indication that Bella was intoxicated by Edward's breath. Again, maybe I'm making this up, but I could swear she was about to swoon each time she got a whiff, and overall, I would have to say her weak knees and heart palpitations were sorely lacking. In fact, the only scene that really showed much heat between Edward and Bella was very short lived. Seems like things were finally getting good, and then he thrust himself away from her and against the wall. I didn't get the feeling from the movie at all that she wanted nothing more than for Edward to kill her in a sublime vampire love embrace. I was expecting way more making out, but again, I think I've rolled all three books into one big kiss-fest - mingled with some werewolves and rogue vampires of course.
Oh my goodness! Why am I spending so much time on this??!!
Because I'm L-A-M-E lame, that's why!
But one more thing before I go. I think my favorite part was in the field, after he had revealed his blinged up with glitter perspiring face to her, when they laid down in the grass and gazed at each other. The camera was swirling around them from above, there was awesome accompanying emo music, fast cutaways (even different sized frames if I remember right), and it made me think that maybe I could be a film maker too, if that's all the talent it takes to make a movie that will rake in millions. Is there a film school here in Reno? Someone sign me up, cuz I want to get crackin' on New Moon! I promise to bring on the heat between Jacob and Bella, and then only a few minutes later, Edward and Bella. The scene in which the phone rings will be highly charged!!! You will not have to have read the books to know that she wants them both, needs them both desperately, the way she needs air - with every fiber of her mortal being. I will not disappoint ;-)
*update, the official count by Sariah, the number of seats she saved, was 43!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Awesome Rachel. Seriously, that meadow scene was so LAME. I had really low expectations going in, but even for how low they were, it was disappointing. Glad you had fun though.
amen!
Here's to being Lame!! :)
Thanks for coming with us-I seriously had fun just seeing everyones reactions to the movie. I still can't get over how cheesy the acting was. I almost burst out laughing at the end when she is in the hospital-that was the worst acting in the whole movie! But, overall, I liked it and I had a super fun night.
I think you should direct new moon-that would be AWESOME! Jacob and Bella would probably end up with some seriously "hot" kissing scenes with you as their director! (Just get him to cut his hair, would ya?)
And I'm super impressed at how fast you got a blog post done about this! Its 8:30am and I thought I would be the first one to blog about it-but quite a few people beat me to the punch!
I have not yet seen the blockbuster, but my sister told me the meadow scene looked like they bought a bunch of body glitter from Claire's boutique and smeared it all over him. Wish I could've been there for the excitement.
If you promise to direct New Moon and cast Daniel Craig as Edward, no Jacob, no Edward, well either, and Keith as the other one I will be the most lustful, distraught, whining Bella ever!
Loved your review! Don't you know that in WAshington state we all look like glittery, sweat ridden vampires!
Thanks for your input. I have been wondering if the movie was worth the price of admission but I'm guessing NOT.
Oh Heidi, no no no! Did I give the impression it wasn't worth the price of admission? I didn't express myself very well then. It is absolutely worth the price of admission!!! In fact, I can't wait to see it again - especially the meadow scene and the hospital scene. Pure awesomeness!
Lame Twilight nerds unite!
The chiseled chest had a whole chapter for itself.
I wanted fangs.
I really really wanted fangs ;/
The scene when she is imagining that she's on the couch (when she's researching the vampire stuff) and Edward bites her had way too much cheese in eat. Way to much.
I love Emmet!
And Edward!
Post a Comment