Protecting her loot from her cousin Anna - 2006
*****************************************************
I didn't get a good picture of Ella on Halloween night, but the El Pollo Loco photo from a couple posts ago suffices. She did her 80's outfit again, complete with the leg warmers. She wore the leg warmers again on Saturday when we went to visit my mom in Susanville (where I'm not from). In fact, she's loving leg warmers so much now, that she's vowed to bring them back into style. She even wants to learn how to knit so she can make her own. So keep an eye out for leg warmers coming to a playground near you!
********************************************
Shoe tree update
It's hard to tell from this picture, but there were only two pairs of shoes on the shoe tree Saturday. Why people gotta be hatin' on the shoe tree?
*********************************************
j-lo said in the comments from my Happy Nevada Day post:
Yeah, no picture of the kidnapper hotel? What's up with that?
She was talking about my reference to the Clown Motel in Tonopah. Yeah, I was mad at myself for not taking any pictures - for real! I was on a trip to Las Vegas with my sister, and we had already fooled around too long. Aaah, that's a story all in itself! But I've lifted a few pics from the internet, and hopefully they aren't fakes and nothing unmentionable will pop in your faces after I post this! And thank you to the people from whom I'm stealing these pictures :) Nice job!
The 'secure parking' promise killed me!
There were different clowns on each door - the better to lure you with
If I ever see a kidnapper van in the parking lot, I'm totally calling the cops!

6 comments:
that clown motel spoke to me for some reason. I don't know why ;)
and I love the new picture of the horses and downtown.
way nice
To Ella's leg warmer revival efforts I say...you go girl! Just don't send any to Shreveport b/c I think my ankles would swell too much from the heat.
Awesome clown motel pics. At first I thought that sign said "kinappers welcome" but then looked more closely to see "truckers." Phew!
Who won the battle between the superwoman and the jedi knight? Remember Super Friends on Saturday mornings?
Ella, after we finish our bandana quilts, I'm sure we could arrange for leg warmer knitting night.....
Creepy clown motel. Weird I've never noticed it while driving through Tonopah - so many other fascinating things to look at. Hey, are you from Susanville?!
Jen, I think I remember her saying she was from Susanville:)
Michael agrees with the leg warmer thing, I think she has several pair!
I think Eva wanted to look like her dad this year with the orange hair. Very nice!
OK, first of all the "stress of 2006" killed me.
Second: I lived in Tonopah for 5 months once.
I did. I kid you not. I stayed with my mom and stepdad there until we moved to Vegas ;)
Post a Comment