jenn g. commented on the last post:
"Awesome photo on your blog header...I think National Geographic will be calling for that one! Did you have a great time in SFO? Was the weather really that beautiful??"
Thank you! And yes, as a matter of fact, the weather was
that beautiful! Bodega Bay and San Francisco knew I was coming to celebrate my fortieth birthday, so accordingly, the heavens opened and the sun shone.
But it was just a tad bit windy out on the point of Bodega Bay. Other than that though, the winds were calm, because they knew I was coming (I'm pretty sure).
Bodega Bay is where the Hitchcock movie 'The Birds' was filmed. I'm ashamed to confess, as a self-proclaimed lover of classic movies, that I have never seen the entire movie, even though I've seen 13 Hitchcock films (just looked at his filmography and counted them). Basically I've seen the scenes in which birds are attacking people *hangs head low*
But in an attempt to redeem myself, I joined Netflix last night, and 'The Birds' is on its way!
Rustic boats in Bodega Bay
The 'Molly Kathryn'
I'm kind of peeved with myself that I still haven't sent in my nicer camera in to be fixed, and we had to take the pocket camera instead - but blurred crows feet for a fortieth birthday picture are a good thing :)
After exploring a bit and buying a bag of salt water taffy, the same exact kind you can get right here in Reno by the way, but just not from an adorable pink and white striped taffy shop on the edge of the water that has Led Zeppelin blasting inside, we had a late lunch at the Tides Wharf Restaurant. Our meals were delicious, but I can't remember what they were called. The original Tides Wharf Cafe, which was featured in the film burned down (so our waitress informed us). The new restaurant sits on the same wharf complex.
In the gift shop I saw a book that I wanted called
'Footsteps in the Fog'. Matt bought for me because he's nice like that, and because it was my birthday weekend :) I'm all ready for the arrival of 'The Birds' now.
Sunset on Hwy 1 near Stimson Beach
When we made it to our Hotel in Tiburon, across the bay from San Francisco, we were greeted with this lovely view from the hotel's deck. A lot of people may not realize this, but San Francisco has fewer foggy days during winter, which makes it an excellent time of year to visit.
Part 2 coming soon...
8 comments:
Beautiful! I so want to go to SF someday. Jacob went two years ago for MacWorld and loved it. Sigh. Someday, someday. . . .
Once again, I'm just living vicariously through you!
I'm glad the weather was soo beautiful.
Beautiful pictures. I'm so jealous! I've never been to SF, but I've always wanted to go. Now I want to even more. Did you enjoy any sourdough and clam chowder. That's my dream.
I must confess I have seen The Birds and I was quite disturbed for a while. It's probably a good thing you didn't see it before you went to Bodego Bay.
oooh, just thinking about it makes me want to walk outside with my arms over my head to protect it.
Be sure to watch with a pillow and blanket, for support and cover up!
I see Alcatraz!
Great pictures :)
Sara, I have to say that I do not like Clam Chowder! I kind of regretted this fact however, because right across from the rusty old boat dock was a little clam chowder establishment that looked like where the locals hang. I just know the clam chowder must be amazing there! We didn't have any sourdough either, but we did have North Beach Pizza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks fabulous! You are a smokin' hot 40 year old. Yowza! Happy Be-lated Birthday. Someday I'd like to venture over to SF. Will you give me some pointers on cool places to visit? The pictures are seriously amazing. I can't believe that they aren't taken with your "good" camera.
a belated happy b-day to you, you old fart!!! I guess the European blow-out vacation will have to happen when you're 50 now!
Bodega Bay is where we went camping this summer. The beaches are gorgeous but it was freezing, I mean freezing, at night. I don't think I will ever go camping there again, but a day trip or a hotel would solve that probelm!! Fun, fun, fun!
Post a Comment