Wishful Thinking

Monday, January 5, 2009

Music Memory Monday - Roller Boogie and Johnny Mathis

Today is a double dose. I happen to be watching 'Roller Boogie' with my sister at the moment, so...feast your eyes! We were wearing those super hot tube socks with our roller skates in 1979 too :) It doesn't get any better than this!!!!!

Ummmmm, what's up with the couple making out on the dumpster at 3:15?

**********************************************

Growing up, I scoffed at this song, and begged my mother to turn the station from the back seat, but her brainwashing did the trick, and I love it now, thanks to the many many years of soft and easy radio stations that were imposed on us in the family station wagon. In fact, give me soft rock hits of the 60's, 70's and 80's and I'm in heaven - and full on karaoke mode! So, I dedicate this one to my mom, who is chillin' in the hospital here in Reno - literally. That is, until she gets really hot and then has to have all her blankets removed for a cool down, and then a little bit later she's chillin' again. But she's on the mend (hopefully), and should be better soon :)


Misty - Johnny Mathis

5 comments:

Sheri Willardson said...

Ahhh, remember the days of roller skating in your bathing suit? :)Seriously, so funny. And the couple making out with their skates still ON-I got a good laugh about that. he he.

Hope you have a GREAT 40th birthday!

Laura said...

Okay, the guy in the super hot pink (or peach?) jumpsuit? And the skates that look like tennis shoes? And those short shorts (although I didn't see any of the alternating color Dolphin shorts)? I suppose this would be less frightening if we hadn't lived through it and participated in it. :-)

Harlene said...

I was always partial to Xanadu, myself.

Jenn G. said...

Awesome photo on your blog header...I think National Geographic will be calling for that one! Did you have a great time in SFO? Was the weather really that beautiful??

nevadanista said...

The alternating colored Dolphins come later in the movie ;-)